MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do people think are the best tyres to buy for MGF?

Also if my suspension is slightly higher on one side to the other will that make much difference to the handling of my car??

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
What do people think are the best tyres to buy for MGF?

Also if my suspension is slightly higher on one side to the other will that make much difference to the handling of my car??
How many more threads about MGF tyres does there need to be ! Do a search for it !!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
In a word yes it will, straightforward to fix though. You just need a hydragas pump. again use the search function for correct ride height settings etc

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It seems that this questions gets asked on a daily basis. However, the answer to your question is (in my opinion) Toyo Proxes T1-R for best handling and value for money and make sure that your car is at the correct ride height (368mm +/- 10mm at 17°C measured from centre of front wheel to underside of arch) and have a four wheel alignment (not a Kwikfit job) done or you'll suffer uneven wear to the tyres.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
I had 4 16" ones fitted for £236 (I think) all in from Neil Arnold's in Minehead (dunno where abouts in Somerset you are)

Dunno how much 15" ones are though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. I will see if i can get Dads 40year old pump to work!!

After reading a load of posts im off to buy a set of 4 - T1-R

Thanks

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,138 Posts
I just had a set of T1-R's fitted to my 15" wheels for £226 in Stafford. Not much use to you down in somerset, but gives you an idea on price.

·
Registered
mgf
39 Posts
I had 4 16" ones fitted for £236 (I think) all in from Neil Arnold's in Minehead (dunno where abouts in Somerset you are)

Dunno how much 15" ones are though.
I'm near Glastonbury so it's not too far to travel. Was that price for Toyo T-1R's?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts