MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished driving the car after the upgrade to a TF rack. What a difference, this is the way it should of come out with. The steering is so much sharper and I can now drive in a straight line again. At only £51.00's for a 2004 TF rack it's possibly one of the best upgrades for the F. Only took an hour to fit. Smiles all round

At the moment I'm the middle one.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Just finished driving the car after the upgrade to a TF rack. What a difference, this is the way it should of come out with. The steering is so much sharper and I can now drive in a straight line again. At only £51.00's for a 2004 TF rack it's possibly one of the best upgrades for the F. Only took an hour to fit. Smiles all round

At the moment I'm the middle one.
After owning both F and TF I would say this is one mod that EVERY 'F' owner should do before anything..

The TF rack is an easy-ish, cheap-ish upgrade that transforms the feel and drive of the car!.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Having recently put on one, i concur that they make a big difference in handling and i am very happy with it. I have also got the techspeed bilsteins and together the car feels and handles like a race car. Dont forget to get the 4 wheel alignment done after installing the rack. I bought mine from Kris aka slashformayor, pm him.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Having recently put on one, i concur that they make a big difference in handling and i am very happy with it. I have also got the techspeed bilsteins and together the car feels and handles like a race car. Dont forget to get the 4 wheel alignment done after installing the rack. I bought mine from Kris aka slashformayor, pm him.
Already pm'd him, his inbox was full :(.

I've checked I guide on how to install, just wondering how easy it was in the flesh??

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Already pm'd him, his inbox was full :(.

I've checked I guide on how to install, just wondering how easy it was in the flesh??
It is not so difficult to do but again it all depends on how skillfull of a mechanic you are. I had mine done at the garage followed by a 4 wheel alignment afterward.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It is not so difficult to do but again it all depends on how skillfull of a mechanic you are. I had mine done at the garage followed by a 4 wheel alignment afterward.

I'm not too bad, done quite a bit of work just hate those jobs you start and suddenley think...."Bu**er.... if only I'd known that/not started this..... arghh!" lol wanted to know if there were any pointers jack could offer

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Jack bought it for 51gbp but they are generally in the region of 100 and depending on their condition. Mgf centre also sell them but dunno if they have stocks at the moment.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts