MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new on here and I have a question about EPAS. Can I put this in a non EPAS as it looks like the wiring may already be there, I have a donor car that I can transfer column etc from. So is this an easy job or are there any problems that may arise in attempting this. Any help and/or advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
824 Posts
I can't say with certainly, but I would imagine that wires are already there as far as I know there isn't a different wiring harness for cars that did not have EPAS.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
For the UK (RHD), as far as I know, there were only 2 types (ignoring the MGF / TF versions) - with and without aircon plus a cable link for the passenger airbag where fitted. So I concur with Mowog73.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't say with certainly, but I would imagine that wires are already there as far as I know there isn't a different wiring harness for cars that did not have EPAS.
Hi, yes the wiring is already there along with the connectors. Its just this business about the bracket holding the EPAS control unit to the rear of the airbag that really bothers me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the UK (RHD), as far as I know, there were only 2 types (ignoring the MGF / TF versions) - with and without aircon plus a cable link for the passenger airbag where fitted. So I concur with Mowog73.
Hi, both yourself and MOWOG have been helpful with your advice regarding this matter I really appreciate it. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts