MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I seem to be going around in circles with this, my car has a starter rated at 1.4kw with 10 teeth but I see a lot advertised on the bay rated 1.1kw. So will the 1.1 be man enough to turn the engine, also some are saying that the 10 & 12 toothed ones are interchangeable. I have my doubts about this because the 12 tooth one has a bigger diameter cog and to my mind when its powered towards the starter ring it would not engage. Yes? Many thanks.

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
1,949 Posts
Personally, if unsure, I'd get one with the same amount of teeth, the starter rating I cannot help with but if its cheap enough its worth a risk....however; on the matter of rating, I changed the starter on one of my TF's as it dies, didn't even think of checking the rating, just got the cheapest TF one off ebay it does seem to turn over slower than the original but I just put it down to being second hand...never had a problem starting though

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally, if unsure, I'd get one with the same amount of teeth, the starter rating I cannot help with but if its cheap enough its worth a risk....however; on the matter of rating, I changed the starter on one of my TF's as it dies, didn't even think of checking the rating, just got the cheapest TF one off ebay it does seem to turn over slower than the original but I just put it down to being second hand...never had a problem starting though
Thanks for your input. Regards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts