MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’m looking to see if anyone from NZ owns an MGF on here!
Im wanting to lower the car using pins or knuckles but since New Zealand doesn’t seem too involved in the MG community I have no idea where to even buy the lowering knuckles/pins or who could help install them if anyone could help it would be much appreciated! Located Chch.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
How much do you want to lower the car? You could always consider letting some fluid out to drop it a bit...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much do you want to lower the car? You could always consider letting some fluid out to drop it a bit...
Thanks for the reply! Ive read that dropping it by letting the fluid out ruins the suspension and drivability. I want to eliminate the gap between tyre and fender.. just have the stance of the trophy’s!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I fitted the proper Trophy displayers before which I fitted lowering pins et al to my MGF. The lowering pins I felt destroyed the ride vs the Trophy displayers which are in my view the way to go. Of course, the problem now is finding a set of 4 Trophy displacers in decent shape.

If you lower the car, make sure you have fitted bump stops.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fitted the proper Trophy displayers before which I fitted lowering pins et al to my MGF. The lowering pins I felt destroyed the ride vs the Trophy displayers which are in my view the way to go. Of course, the problem now is finding a set of 4 Trophy displacers in decent shape.

If you lower the car, make sure you have fitted bump stops.
Seems like Theres absolutely no way to lower the F for cheap 🥲🥲

·
Registered
mgf
182 Posts
wering pins et al to my MGF. The lowering pins
Hey guys! I’m looking to see if anyone from NZ owns an MGF on here!
Im wanting to lower the car using pins or knuckles but since New Zealand doesn’t seem too involved in the MG community I have no idea where to even buy the lowering knuckles/pins or who could help install them if anyone could help it would be much appreciated! Located Chch.
I'm in NZ. I lowered my F using Mike Satur lowering pins. I like the effect. It changes the tow, so you may want to get a wheel alignment afterwards.

For the hydragas.. Take out the spheres and get them regassed by Paul Walbran (https://mgparts.co.nz/). Makes a big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts