MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my interior footwell lights. They tend to stay on after closing the door, is there some kind of switch in the door that might play up? The annoying thing is sometimes they work perfectly.. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Regards.

·
Registered
'10 TF135
338 Posts
..and mirror lights on too?
Yep sounds like a problem with those pesky microswitches. Both doors or just one?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, yes mirror light the same. So how does one go about doing anything to the micro switches? Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I'll try W/D and /or elec contact cleaner. Regards.
Hi again. I tried WD/Contact spray no change, so I think it will be a case of removing locks for cleaning etc. Thanks for helpful suggestions. Regards.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,093 Posts
Is the alarm still working, I would suspect the micro switches in the door locks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the alarm still working, I would suspect the micro switches in the door locks.

Hi, yes alarm works ok. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Interesting. On my MGF the interior lights stay on for about 2 minutes after doors shut (and always have - for the last 23 years!). If I lock the doors, the lights go off straight away. I have had the car since new so it must be a standard feature of the MGF.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting. On my MGF the interior lights stay on for about 2 minutes after doors shut (and always have - for the last 23 years!). If I lock the doors, the lights go off straight away. I have had the car since new so it must be a standard feature of the MGF.
Hi, the lights are meant to go out after 10 seconds. Yes its a common fault on MGFs, its usually down to the micro switch.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hi, the lights are meant to go out after 10 seconds. Yes its a common fault on MGFs, its usually down to the micro switch.
My 1998 MGF are designed to stay on after one closes the door to enable one to sort oneself out. If the ignition key is turned then the interior lights go out straight away (including the ignition key lock light). No problem with my microswitches :) . Perhaps MG Rover changed the design later......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 1998 MGF are designed to stay on after one closes the door to enable one to sort oneself out. If the ignition key is turned then the interior lights go out straight away (including the ignition key lock light). No problem with my microswitches :) . Perhaps MG Rover changed the design later......
Mine is a 1997 so not going to be much difference.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,093 Posts
In the case of my 02 TF the interior lights also go out after only 10 seconds. I seem to remember in the back of my mind that the timing was one of the few things that can be altered with a T4.

·
Registered
219 Posts
the driver's door lock/microswitch is playing up on my TF; as the footwell lights don't illuminate on driver entry but do with passenger entry. Just need to get round to pulling door card off and replacing, fixed one on my F a few year's ago when it shut and wouldn't open deadlocked!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts