MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a problem with my interior heater/cooler fan, the 1st and 2nd power setting dont seem to work? 3rd and 4th work ok but you dont seem to get anything before that so its sort of all or nothing! Has anybody got any ideas what the cause might be? I was thinking it may be a problem with the switch? Just want to be able to use the 1st setting really to keep the screen clear.

Cheers for any help

Ben

·
Registered
191 Posts
Its something to do with the resistors that control the heating. Something was posted on here about a week or so ago about it. MG use cheap ones, easy to replace i recall.

Using a search should bring up something. Search heating and resistor or something like that :)

·
Registered
mgf
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks people, I will have to have a look at the resistor pack and see if it needs replacing, thanks a lot for the help.Ben

·
Registered
mgf
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anybody know?

Does anybody know the resistance of the coils for fan settings 1 & 2. I took the resistor pack out and two of the coils have completely burnt out! I would like to replace them but do not know the resistance required? Als while I was down in the foot well, I found a wiring plug that was not attached to anything???? It had 3 pins and was a black plug, it was bundled in with the cabling going to the resistor pack? Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts