MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have recently acquired a 2001 MGF 18K4F 118 bhp for my wife. It has been well looked after and has full service history up until 2013 when 200 miles after the last service stamp it was garaged and placed on sorn.
I now have it on the ramp and have started to recommission it. The air filter box has been removed as well as the coolant header tank. The previous keeper was an elderly gent who intended to make it into a track car and change the engine.
This fortunately didn't happen.
I noticed the fuel pump doesn't prime when the ignition is switched on. I have also found a multipin plug near the ECU and a bracket nearby that was obviously mounted by something. All the parts removed from the car have been bagged and labelled, but whatever was there is not with the car. The plug was obviously plugged in as it is very clean inside.
The four wires are
pin 1 Blue with yellow trace
pin 2 Blue with red trace
pin 3 Green with black trace
pin 4 Brown
Could anyone shed any light on what is missing. I have searched the net and drawn a blank.
My intention is to hear it run briefly then full engine service with cambelt and water pump, brake rebuild, set the suspension and have new tyres fitted, clean the past 9 years of dust and grime off it and then MOT.
Many thanks in advance Gary (Brecon Beacons)
Motor vehicle Gas Machine Automotive exterior Nut
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Gas Engineering
Finger Art Jewellery Thumb Wrist
Audio equipment Gas Electrical wiring Cable Machine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Julian, Thanks you are spot on regarding the lambda plug.
The exhaust had also been removed and is in storage in another part of the workshop. It didn't even cross my mind.
I will remove the pump tomorrow.
Thanks again Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts