MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My MGF needs the front lower wishbone / control arm bushes done. Rimmers have not had the genuine ones come into stock for over a month now, but they do have aftermarket ones.

I don't want to replace the complete arms, as I already have replacement lower ball joints in my stock of parts should they be needed. Past experience with polyurethane bushes in other cars rules them out for me. I do have a press and plates.

So it's going to be rubber bushes into the existing wishbones - can anyone comment on quality of these non-genuine ones? I have had a couple of other non-genuine items from Rimmers that have not been impressive, and as this is a big job I only want to do it once.

Grateful for anyone's advice / experience on this .

David

Australia.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,928 Posts
It depends if you can find finding new-old-stock, but it will be hard to tell as they often carry the same part number.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both.

At present Rimmers have genuine rears but only non OEM fronts, I'm guessing the rears work the hardest.

The wholesaler that imports these parts into Australia puts a huge markup, so although there are two really good and helpful retailers in Sydney, price and convenience has made Rimmers my default in recent years. On this occasion I think I'll ring the local/s and see what they have.

Fortunately it is not urgent as the car is driving fine, and inspection time is eight months off. It just squeaks like a high mileage taxi, not at all cool.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts