MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, have just got my replacement K+N panel filter for my 97 MGF 1.8i. Unfortunately despite ordering the correct number from the K+N website (33-2132) the filter is way too big. Is the VVC filter and 1.8i filter different, the K+N site only shows one version and the product i have got matches the sizes on the website. All help appreciated as my supplier is stumped as well!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
To my knowledge there are 2 sizes of airbox used on the MGF/TF. Mk1 MGFs (Pre MY2000) use a smaller airbox (both Mpi and VVC variants), and Mk2 MGFs (post MY2000) and TFs use a larger airbox.
So from the sounds of it you have a filter designed for a Mk2 MGF (post 2000) and TF.
Unfortunately I cant help as to if K&N do actually produce a panel filter suitable for the earlier MGFs.

·
Registered
mgf
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sharky

Waiting for supplier to come back to me, when I get the answer I will post again to let everyone know
Dave

·
Registered
mgf
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TO ALL

The part number for the panel filter on my 1997 model is wrong on the K+N list finder, have spoken to K+N today. It should be 33-2647. Hope this stops anyone else getting in this mess.

Cheers
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts