MG-Rover.org Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watching the news about a school bus crash in Scotland on the A9. As it was a school bus, that was the main part of the story, but when they were showing the footage, there was a smashed up TF on the road (rear shot).

In the link attached, there is the remnants of a car. Can anyone confirm it used to be a TF? Form the windscren surround and wheels I would say so

Hope its no-one we know .

What sad news :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6614579.stm

·
Registered
846 Posts
From the remains in that picture it does appear to be a TF, but no matter what the car was our deepest sympathies go out to those injured, and in particular to those close to the person who lost their life in this tragic event.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
yeah i think the wheel and the bit of bodywork just behind the hood before the boot and the wing mirror gives it away.

not nice to see at all. All respects to her family...

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very, very sad!! It does say that the driver died! :(

Don't know what else to say!! :shake:
ON the news footage, it was definitely a TF rear, thats what made me look for the story online.

I know a school bus was invloved, but the woman was only mentioned in the last line more or less.

Still, thats the press for you. I do relaise, however, that it must be traumatic for young kids ot experience that too.

Tragic.

My thoughts go out to those close to her.

I suspect some cars may drive past there this weekend on thier way to the highlander. If you see any fresh flowers, spare a thought.

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jesus Christ, I hope she died real quick in that mess. Photos like that make me wanna buy a range rover.

Big time condolences to the whole family.
Without wanting to take the topic OT at all, on top gear, some of the big 4X4s had worse NCAP rationgs than most modern small cars.

BAck on topic: As above, I hope in a sad way that she died quickly.

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
According to the proposed routes for the Saturday run, I believe it will actualy pass that spot, or near to it anyway.

I am afraid I am not going on the Saturday.

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I presume it should be put to Staffainn and all those attending as to wehether they want to do this, then it would make sense for any monies to go to whoever wishes ot buy the flowers on the Highlander run

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
People can send to me if they wish and I'll update totals etc. but I'm not going but could send money to someone who is?? Would be better I guess if someone going would collect??

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.