MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where i can get info about how to replace my coolant pipes. Took my car out of garage early today and for the first time saw the tell tale yellow fluid on floor, not much of it, but i suspect it needs to be done quickly?

If not possible to change myself, about how much will it cost?

Cheers:)

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Changing the pipes is easy enough...its the bleeding procedure that needs to be done correctly otherwise HGF will occur:~(

[HGF = Head Gasket Failure]

Unless you're confident and you enjoy scrabbling around under your car whilst covered in antifreeze/water, leave it to a suitably competant workshop:)

Costs-wise......probably no more than £50?

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Oh, nearly forgot.....don't use the factory pipes....use Mike Satur Alloy pipes.

Much lighter and much more durable:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave,

Just another thought though, i was going to use the alloy pipes, but how would my main dealer take to this? Would they do it or not and how would this affect my extended warranty?

cheers

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Hi

How old is your car?

I have fitted many sets of these MS Alloy pipes to F's with no quibbles

My view is that if the factory pipes cannot last more than a couple of years???then why not fit something that will go the distance?

It depends upon how your local MGR Dealer views this....

I don't use/endorse the factory pipes at all - the weight saving advantages of the MS items just adds to the benefits:D

To that point, we keep them in stock :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts