MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MGF needs a new Brake Master Cylinder and, having checked with Xpart, it is part number SJC10007 which has been discontinued.

Obvioulsy there are second-hand units available but just wondering whether anyone knows of any NOS or has successfully used an alternative part. For instance, the later MGTF part is available and I have found a few suggestions, via Google, that this might fit but no confirmation from anyone who has actually used it. Guess the crtical issue is the cylinder bores as brake fittings are easily resized.

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
367 Posts
MGOC spares show SJC10007 as fitting F & TF, I think this means TF's without ABS but the item is shown as "enquire" so you could try them. A company called TRW also have something (PMK315) which might be what your looking for but I know nothing about the company (anyone?) and you would have to check it's the correct one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@deepfat - thanks for that, it was extremely helpful. From a thread on another forum I have found that the only (apparent) difference between the TRW/PMK315 & SJC10007 is that the former takes M10 fittings and the latter M12. Also that someone fitted a TRW/PMK315 to an MGF with ABS in 2014 and reports that the braking has been fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cant find any availability for TRW/PMK315. But MOGOC has given me a part number of a servo/master cylinder assembly (SJB000280) that fits all MGFs & MGTFs. It looks like SJB000280 is made up of the master cylinder part number SJC000150 and servo SJG000160. This would imply that the later MGTF brake master cylinder can be fitted to any MGF/MGTF as long as the servo is also changed. Has anyone done this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts