MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Long shot - but - don't suppose anyone has a 4-clamp design (ie, 4 lockable bits) boot rack that they don't want 2 of the clamps :)

I have a rack I now need to sell but lost the keys ages ago and can't seem to get replacement locks anywhere...

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is your rack the standard MG Rover black one? and do you still have the fitting caps with the original locks in them? On mine the lock barrels are removable and appear to be of the same pattern as standard roof rack locks as used by thule for example. Just the lock barrels of that type are available in Halfords if that's of any help to you:idea: :) .

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey martin... yep its that one... but I'm afraid I've already tried that route... both the Thule 944 and halfords own brand sets don't fit the lock holes - they are slightly too big...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thats a shame, just that I'd noticed them there before and thought it be possible to swap them over to make my rack and ski clamps all the same as at the moment theyr'e all different:irked: .
Also just had a look in a copy of the MG Rover accessories list and it shows replacement locks!
Key/ lock barrel set CAB10015 was £2.50 andboot rack end cap (pair) CAB100480 was£1.70
Wether still available, who knows and price will be a few years out of date, just an idea:)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,

Just to update this... I have just ordered 2 lock and key sets from Rimmer Brothers if anyone needs these as well... £8 for two... well he didn't know whether 1 set = 1 key/lock or 2 key/locks so I ordered two :) www.rimmerbros.co.uk - 01522 563344

Once these arrive and are fitted, the bootrack will be up for sale with locks this time... and you know how good these boot racks are - apparently there was someone on here the other day absolutely singing their praises... and I'd totally agree with them ;)

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The key/lock sets turned up yesterday and they fit and work perfectly.

For reference it is one key and one lock per order so you'll need to order two.

And luckily they both had the same key number so they're not different :)

Cheers

ChrisT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts