MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A safety recall has been issued by MG Motor UK for a potential problem that may damage the wiring harness.

The letter I assume will be sent out to all registered keepers

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
I dunno - its about 700 or more I think, that would be a busy week.
There have been twice that number of MGs sold since the launch of the MG6, not all 6s but most of them!

Besides, they want everyone to take a look at the MG3 so want them to drop into their dealers...

·
Registered
rover_800
11,770 Posts
Recalls are made by asking the manufacturer to repair all the cars, sometimes the manufacturer will argue the point that there is no issues, but once they have been told to do it, they have to.

Jeep in the US have been stuffed, with around a billion dollars worth of recalls, on 100,000's of cars made over many years, they refused to do the recall, but eventually relented fearing a major lawsuit.

Same in the UK, they get done, but the manufacturers don't like it, MINI has just recalled all Countryman's and Pacemans, (2010-on) for a fault in the wiring around the steering wheel, the car could catch fire, even when not being used, needless to say mine was moved away from the house, until today when it was repaired.

·
Registered
839 Posts
There have been twice that number of MGs sold since the launch of the MG6, not all 6s but most of them!
The latest quarter's figures (2013 Q2) on How Many Left? are showing 1093 petrol and 47 diesels. However only 691 of the petrols are licensed. This is an improvement on the stats showing that at the end of 2012 Q2, when over 1092 cars had been registered but only 567 of them were licensed.

Must be some sort of record - launch a car and after two years only 52% of registered cars are still licensed. That doesn't include all the cars that they were stockpiling at Longbridge.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The latest quarter's figures (2013 Q2) on How Many Left? are showing 1093 petrol and 47 diesels. However only 691 of the petrols are licensed. This is an improvement on the stats showing that at the end of 2012 Q2, when over 1092 cars had been registered but only 567 of them were licensed.

Must be some sort of record - launch a car and after two years only 52% of registered cars are still licensed. That doesn't include all the cars that they were stockpiling at Longbridge.
It is a shame. MG were hopeing to sell 2000 per year. I think the biggest problem is lack of advertising. I've only had my MG6 a couple of weeks, but I keep getting asked "What is it" and "didnt think they were still making cars"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts