MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the motorway and I suddenly noticed I was loosing acceleration. I was in the fast lane so pulled over. 2 yellow engine warning lights came on. So got the car home and my other half checked her over. He replaced 2 HT leads. It's showing no diagnostic faults. Battery fully charged. When trying to start belts are moving and got spark but not starting up. Any suggestions please thank you

·
Registered
981 Posts
You haven't given us much to go on. Did it start with a misfire? Exactly what lights did you see and was there a message alongside this?

I would guess at coil packs if it initially started to missfire, bearing in mind it now won't start since they were disturbed, look for spark witness marks near the top of the coil packs. You can use coil packs from any non VVC MG/Rover K series engine. Landrover also used this engine in the original Freelander.

If you can get the car out of direct light, or wait till dusk you can usually see a failing coil pack sparking out by looking at them from the side of the car, with the spark plug cover removed, obviously.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts