MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG6 - Is it ever going on sale?...

12K views 87 replies 19 participants last post by  MGJohn 
#1 ·
When is the MG6 going on sale, and when is it going to be produced at Longbridge?

We were led to believe that it would commence production in late 2010, it's now almost September, has anyone heard of any serious movement at Longbridge that would suggest that they are starting mass production of a full size family car anytime soon?

It seems like ages since this car was unleashed and we seem none the wiser as to how it will finally appear, be spec'd and priced.

Am I being impatient?

#3 ·
All in good time!! Better to be late and as good as possible than early and disappointing!! Even if production started tomorrow we still might not see it in proper quantities until the new year. We've waited a long long time for a brand new MG, whats a couple of months between friends?

#9 ·
Yea but design wise theres already alot of cars out there with the same sort of design shapes of the MG6 that have already been out a couple of years now.

Insingia, New Astra, New Golf, Civic, Lexus IS200, Mondeo. Im not saying they're the same as the MG6 but they all have that current design trend which the MG6 also has yet some of those cars mentioned plus more have already been out 2-3 years now

#14 ·
The mg6 looks similar to most of the other cars in its class ie toyota. kia etc. There is something missing which would make it special and be noticed as a MG. May be iam biased to the small hatch type cars like the MG zero, which is only a dream at this moment. I think I will wait for the replacement for the MG3 (200 shell).

#27 ·
Sport cars are about perforamance and NO fancy gadgets. So a message to the car makers forget A/C, electric windows and electric this and the other just fit a chicken wire to the front grill. Hey presto must be a MG.

Car makers want my money. Supply what I require not what you think I require!

#30 ·
If MG don't put any luxury in their family cars then they aren't going to sell, MG need to survive not sell cars to people who require some loud, shout, vulgar car as that is niche market. Another example is the vectra as it was the dullest car ever made but it sold so many and made the KIA Magentis look interesting, MG will in time make a hot version, its the IMPORTENT people first!

#46 · (Edited)
Its down to a cost of a batch engines ie 100K. companies have to make money and things change (goverments) and N series may not meet expections. Just look at the mini cryslar engine made in brazil, Is it a BMW? The public blieves so. The bottom line is who is in power decides and the world for ever changing.

Some work for a living. It is a know fact that employers say one thing but do something different. The world is for ever changing and the major companies tell people what they wish to hear. Or iam being synical.

#71 ·
also IIRC on the engine front, the N-Series was NAC's take on the K-Series - it is used in the MG3SW and in the MG7 but will not be upgraded for the forthcoming Euro (China) V emissions regs.

The NSE is the Kavachi(?) and is also known by letters appearing on the MG6... TTC? is that right?

#74 ·
also IIRC on the engine front, the N-Series was NAC's take on the K-Series - it is used in the MG3SW and in the MG7 but will not be upgraded for the forthcoming Euro (China) V emissions regs.

The NSE is the Kavachi(?) and is also known by letters appearing on the MG6... TTC? is that right?
Nope, the NSE is found in the Roewe 350 and the upcoming MG5 and MG3. The Kavachi is found in the MG6 and Roewe 550 where it is also known as TCI-Tech. It is also found in the Roewe 750 and MG7 where it is not known as the TCI-Tech! The MG 3SW does indeed have the N Series, as does the MG TF. Early MG7s had N Series engines rather than Kavachi engines.

Is that everything sorted, or have we missed something?

#83 · (Edited)
I may be going senile...but wasn't this thread started to debate whether/when the the MG6 will be available in the UK

If you wish to debate another topic please start another thread in the appropriate area of the forum

Some forum decorum please
yes sorry it was caused by this post

"it doesn't look sporty enough

it looks like a rover

needs to be a bit lower, and something at the back, no idea what though

and why oh why are all cars so high at the back these days. rear visibility must be pants"

and then turned into a massive argument which ended about gearboxes. To be honest I don't think people actually care as we know its coming out so there isn't much to say.

BACK ON TOPIC NOW, I AIN'T SAYING NO MORE!

#87 ·
Engineers at Longbridge at flat out getting the car sorted and YES there are uk built MG6s floating around but for whatever reason development work is still under way and there is no real assembly happening yet.
I can't suggest numbers but first sign of real production is when job ads for assembly start to appear and then you as still talking a couple of months for training and finalising methods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.