MG-Rover.org Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
36,348 Posts
also IIRC on the engine front, the N-Series was NAC's take on the K-Series - it is used in the MG3SW and in the MG7 but will not be upgraded for the forthcoming Euro (China) V emissions regs.

The NSE is the Kavachi(?) and is also known by letters appearing on the MG6... TTC? is that right?
Nope, the NSE is found in the Roewe 350 and the upcoming MG5 and MG3. The Kavachi is found in the MG6 and Roewe 550 where it is also known as TCI-Tech. It is also found in the Roewe 750 and MG7 where it is not known as the TCI-Tech! The MG 3SW does indeed have the N Series, as does the MG TF. Early MG7s had N Series engines rather than Kavachi engines.

Is that everything sorted, or have we missed something?
:doh: so now I know my NSE from my TCI-Tech!

Cars are built to make revenue, jobs and tax for the goverment I always keep this in mind when I buy a car.
of course there is great danger in believing this, as it would be an argument for wasting your money on buying a car which was not what you actually needed.

History is littered with examples of things produced which were not what the market wanted in the name of national interest. Generally, these examples are ones of total FAIL.

The modern Bentley is a fine (largely*?) British-made luxury car which I couldn't a) afford b) get in my garage.

(* isn't there a "small" Bentley partly(?) made in VW's famous "glass factory" in Dresden?)

However, people looking to buy a standard car can do much worse than buy an MG if they want to buy a car whose manufacturer is backing Britain with design, engineering and assembly...

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
I may be going senile...but wasn't this thread started to debate whether/when the the MG6 will be available in the UK

If you wish to debate another topic please start another thread in the appropriate area of the forum

Some forum decorum please

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
I may be going senile...but wasn't this thread started to debate whether/when the the MG6 will be available in the UK

If you wish to debate another topic please start another thread in the appropriate area of the forum

yes sorry it was caused by this post

"it doesn't look sporty enough

it looks like a rover

needs to be a bit lower, and something at the back, no idea what though

and why oh why are all cars so high at the back these days. rear visibility must be pants"

and then turned into a massive argument which ended about gearboxes. To be honest I don't think people actually care as we know its coming out so there isn't much to say.

BACK ON TOPIC NOW, I AIN'T SAYING NO MORE!

·
Registered
36,348 Posts

blimey, 20 posts on this thread between 19:43 and 21:17.

One statement I made which was on topic was:

I know that MG Birmingham had already begun preparations by June to make the MG6 and that it is a long hard slog from now. There won't be public weekly updates though I suspect we will be hearing news from Guy Jones as and when the news is ready!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I know that MG Birmingham had already begun preparations by June to make the MG6 and that it is a long hard slog from now. There won't be public weekly updates though I suspect we will be hearing news from Guy Jones as and when the news is ready!
i saw a few rumors bout the mg6 on autoblog i think it was

they seem to have it down as a 2011 release
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/239604/

ahh autocar not autoblog

·
Registered
36,348 Posts
The cars are expected in the showrooms by early 2011.
yes, there will surely be a launch before sales to punters start.

Sales from the dealers will need at least 40 display/demo models...

I expect the VAT hike to 20% on 4th January will have some effect...

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Engineers at Longbridge at flat out getting the car sorted and YES there are uk built MG6s floating around but for whatever reason development work is still under way and there is no real assembly happening yet.
I can't suggest numbers but first sign of real production is when job ads for assembly start to appear and then you as still talking a couple of months for training and finalising methods.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,886 Posts
Mis management, BMW, BL reputation, Phoenix 4 who took all the money from the company, 'clueless clarkson', Government for not saving them, lack of money to make new models. You need to learn your facts before coming on a forum like this and making controversial comments like that otherwise you will make enemies very quickly. It was a fantastic design, WATCH THE VIDEO AND FIND OUT HOW GOOD IT WAS DESIGNED.
Why you and others may well ask. All of the above certainly played a part but above all, the mindset of the British car consumer ~ who outnumber the car enthusiasts by a very large margin and consume more cars than the enthusiasts ~ a mindset conditioned in so many ways that...

British is crap, foreign is best. Say it often enough in so many ways ...

CluelessCarConsumer said:
Must be true John, saw it in the Sun and Top Gear ...
...:rolleyes:...CluelessCarConsumers...CCCs

Unless this Nation does something to address this poisoned mindset scenario, things can only get ... worse.

Meantime all you CCCS , keep buying those BMWs and VWs... it's good for the most successfully economy in Europe ... unfortunately ... not ours.

Clueless ....

And my Porsche Boxster driving neighbour still sincerely believes the reason my MGZS is so very reliable is because of its Honda engine... :(

We are doomed ... it's just a matter of time.

Still, why should I give a damn... I'm alright.

Now, where's those BMW brochures...

Sorted.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts