MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
MGB looks classy not some chaved up, lowered rover (as much as i love the Z's),

Sporty styling to me is a body kit and lowered, MG to me is a understated car with sporty handling and engine. Mazda 6 is not bland at all.
I think MG6 is sporty enough and not going over the top with massive spoilers and body kits.
what does sporty have to do with bad bodykits?

yeah the zeds were the ultimate chav cars, and still are (much as i love them) but sportiness imo is more about the poise of a car (hense lower)

the zeds are so bad imo because its so blatant that it is a body kit

the mg6 looks more like a luxury sophisticated car (like the passat/insignia) or towards that end of the spectrum

·
Registered
mg_zr
310 Posts
Simpls mondeo equals mundane end of, all fords are this. Car makers should be making cars to the consumer requires. Not what car maker think they want.

·
Registered
mg_zr
310 Posts

yeah the zeds were the ultimate chav cars, and still are (much as i love them) but sportiness imo is more about the poise of a car (hense lower)

the mg6 looks more like a luxury sophisticated car (like the passat/insignia) or towards that end of the spectrum
To wright. the cosumer has the power. If it is c""p it will not sell.

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts

reason why of the styling is there is no rover, so there need to be understated styling and luxury feel but with sporty dynamics. If there was a rover then MG could make all these lowered cars. When MG make a hot version then there will be lowered ride height and body kits, wait!

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
Simpls mondeo equals mundane end of, all fords are this. Car makers should be making cars to the consumer requires. Not what car maker think they want.
Mondeos sell well and it is one of the most dullest cars ever made. When i see a sporty body kit I think either chav or mid life crisis.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
thing is that doesn't work

its marketing

not all consumers want the same thing

i require a car that quick

why do i require a car that's quick? because its my godamn money and i said so

thats why car makers pick a segment of the market and aim thier car towards it, and also why they have different models

some people want a comfy bmw to wonder round town in comfort, but don't need speed, so get a 520d

some want a bit more speed, or consider a bmw without a i6 some kind of cheep imposter, they get a 325 or a 330

then you get into the hole, the customer doesn't know what they want themselves

and imo the ford range right now is anything but mundane.
the mondeo is better than a 3 series, the focus is one of the sportier hatches out there even in base trim, the fiesta is class leading

hell its been a few years since theres been any car that can really be described as mundane

·
Registered
mg_zr
310 Posts
Sport cars are about perforamance and NO fancy gadgets. So a message to the car makers forget A/C, electric windows and electric this and the other just fit a chicken wire to the front grill. Hey presto must be a MG.

Car makers want my money. Supply what I require not what you think I require!

·
Registered
mg_zr
310 Posts
thing is that doesn't work

its marketing

not all consumers want the same thing

i require a car that quick

why do i require a car that's quick? because its my godamn money and i said so

thats why car makers pick a segment of the market and aim thier car towards it, and also why they have different models

some people want a comfy bmw to wonder round town in comfort, but don't need speed, so get a 520d

some want a bit more speed, or consider a bmw without a i6 some kind of cheep imposter, they get a 325 or a 330

then you get into the hole, the customer doesn't know what they want themselves

and imo the ford range right now is anything but mundane.
the mondeo is better than a 3 series, the focus is one of the sportier hatches out there even in base trim, the fiesta is class leading

hell its been a few years since theres been any car that can really be described as mundane
My son has an fiest St ( 2 l Duratec). GREAT CAR no probs with 150 brake. MG must take notice and release that old members have the power to purchase performance cars. I am an ageing boy racer and will pay cash for the performance car that sticks to the road with out the fancy bits.

Gobal warming. Iam to old. Give me a car that I reqiure!

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
Sport cars are about perforamance and NO fancy gadgets. So a message to the car makers forget A/C, electric windows and electric this and the other just fit a chicken wire to the front grill. Hey presto must be a MG.

Car makers want my money. Supply what I require not what you think I require!
If MG don't put any luxury in their family cars then they aren't going to sell, MG need to survive not sell cars to people who require some loud, shout, vulgar car as that is niche market. Another example is the vectra as it was the dullest car ever made but it sold so many and made the KIA Magentis look interesting, MG will in time make a hot version, its the IMPORTENT people first!

·
Registered
mg_zr
310 Posts
I agree to a point but how is someone sad wanting a comfortable, well built, cheap, roomy car? Families first, people who want sporty cars second!

If the mg zero does not appear. then my next will be

1 ford focus 2 door sport
2 astra coupe 1.8 sport
3 magane coupe 1.8 sport

The car must have sport suspension because it is safer and the driver is part of the road. I live in the country with speed limits at 60 and 70 miles/hour. I have driven land rover, family cars etc. The best is a ZR because it goes were you require. Money is No object to my age before I die of old age. Stuff the miles per litre.

Families will not be purchasing a new car for the next 5 to 10 year because the country is broke. Believe me I have been through 3 previous down turns. People will hold fire to feed the family.

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
If the mg zero does not appear. then my next will be

1 ford focus 2 door sport
2 astra coupe 1.8 sport
3 magane coupe 1.8 sport

The car must have sport suspension because it is safer and the driver is part of the road. I live in the country with speed limits at 60 and 70 miles/hour. I have driven land rover, family cars etc. The best is a ZR because it goes were you require. Money is No object to my age before I die of old age. Stuff the miles per litre.

Families will not be purchasing a new car for the next 5 to 10 year because the country is broke. Believe me I have been through 3 previous down turns. People will hold fire to feed the family.
MG ZERO is fiesta size mate, have you not read autocar review saying MG6 is best in class to drive?

·
Registered
mg_zr
310 Posts
MG ZERO is fiesta size mate, have you not read autocar review saying MG6 is best in class to drive?
Like I said no prob with the st. Just a little more style would okay. Any way the Late 2003 mg on has a IB5 ford/fiesta gearbox and that is slick.

Basically the mg mechanics should be ford with italian styling. The perfect car.

Note, the st duratec engine is the ford/mazda world engine.

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
Like I said no prob with the st. Just a little more style would okay. Any way the Late 2003 mg on has a IB5 ford/fiesta gearbox and that is slick.

Basically the mg mechanics should be ford with italian styling. The perfect car.

Note, the st duratec engine is the ford/mazda world engine.
No ford engines thank you very much, MG engines only 1.5t 168BHP (rumored), I found the ford gearboxes to be crap compared to my gearbox, it lacks feel. Ford focus ST has been scrapped because of emissions, hahaha MG can keep up with emissions with what is basically a Rover K-series but more reliable. I'd rather have vauxhall/Opel mechanics or VAG mechanics then Ford any day.

·
Registered
mg_zr
310 Posts
No ford engines thank you very much, MG engines only 1.5t 168BHP (rumored), I found the ford gearboxes to be crap compared to my gearbox, it lacks feel. Ford focus ST has been scrapped because of emissions, hahaha MG can keep up with emissions with what is basically a Rover K-series but more reliable. I'd rather have vauxhall/Opel mechanics or VAG mechanics then Ford any day.
The new owners of MG have replaced the K with N and are joint to GM and VW. The Zero may be a vw derived engine. Like I said emissions I aint concerned.

Econoically the world engine would be ideal from a production point. That will happen every car will have the same engine.

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
The new owners of MG have replaced the K with N and are joint to GM and VW. The Zero may be a vw derived engine. Like I said emissions I aint concerned.
Well tell the EU that, NSE engines are MG designed and developed at longbridge and nothing to do with VAG/GM. N-series is basically same engine but with MLS and different cylinder head and inlet manifold. MG6 has Kavachi engine which is the SAIC K-series and that has duel variable valve timing (DVVT) and that is also got different head gasket.

N-series NAC, Kavachi SAIC.

There is also going to be NLE engine designed by MG as well.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
ooo, so does this mean we might be getting the tsi vedub engines or some derivative thereof?

that would make a hellova zero gti (or whatever they decide to dub it)

and the n-series...

how much is known about it? i've not seen much about it other than its a k-series with a fixed head gasket

edit... ahh steven beat me to it

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
ooo, so does this mean we might be getting the tsi vedub engines or some derivative thereof?

that would make a hellova zero gti (or whatever they decide to dub it)

and the n-series...

how much is known about it? i've not seen much about it other than its a k-series with a fixed head gasket

edit... ahh steven beat me to it
MG wont use VAG engines, they design their own engines.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts