MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is the MG6 going on sale, and when is it going to be produced at Longbridge?

We were led to believe that it would commence production in late 2010, it's now almost September, has anyone heard of any serious movement at Longbridge that would suggest that they are starting mass production of a full size family car anytime soon?

It seems like ages since this car was unleashed and we seem none the wiser as to how it will finally appear, be spec'd and priced.

Am I being impatient?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
All in good time!! Better to be late and as good as possible than early and disappointing!! Even if production started tomorrow we still might not see it in proper quantities until the new year. We've waited a long long time for a brand new MG, whats a couple of months between friends?

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
3,848 Posts
Only thing im worried about is that developing the MG6 has taken that long that it'll be out dated by its competitors by the time its on sale.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
Only thing im worried about is that developing the MG6 has taken that long that it'll be out dated by its competitors by the time its on sale.
Rover Group started work on the 75 in the early 90s but it only went on sale in 1999....

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
3,848 Posts
Yea but design wise theres already alot of cars out there with the same sort of design shapes of the MG6 that have already been out a couple of years now.

Insingia, New Astra, New Golf, Civic, Lexus IS200, Mondeo. Im not saying they're the same as the MG6 but they all have that current design trend which the MG6 also has yet some of those cars mentioned plus more have already been out 2-3 years now

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Like the Maestro? (at least to look at)

I hope with all this talk of deposits being made that it will arrive soon. I'm still in the 'bearing with it' stage.

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
Here is the video review from same site but its in Chinese :doh:. Oh well the MG6 can be seen on the move and it looks great.

·
Registered
mg_zr
310 Posts
The mg6 looks similar to most of the other cars in its class ie toyota. kia etc. There is something missing which would make it special and be noticed as a MG. May be iam biased to the small hatch type cars like the MG zero, which is only a dream at this moment. I think I will wait for the replacement for the MG3 (200 shell).

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
The mg6 looks similar to most of the other cars in its class ie toyota. kia etc. There is something missing which would make it special and be noticed as a MG. May be iam biased to the small hatch type cars like the MG zero, which is only a dream at this moment. I think I will wait for the replacement for the MG3 (200 shell).
it doesn't look sporty enough

it looks like a rover

needs to be a bit lower, and something at the back, no idea what though

and why oh why are all cars so high at the back these days. rear visibility must be pants

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
hey a broken dvd!
wait thats no dvd... what is that? an old ps1 disk?
:p

wasn't that obvious was it? XD
Its one of those record disks. Its always people saying that it isn't sporty enough, does the average mondeo buyer care, NO they don't. Mazda 6 is sporty and don't sell well as people don't really care about sportiness. MG B's don't look sporty at all and that's a proper MG, body kits and spoilers isn't what MG is about.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Its one of those record disks. Its always people saying that it isn't sporty enough, does the average mondeo buyer care, NO they don't. Mazda 6 is sporty and don't sell well as people don't really care about sportiness. MG B's don't look sporty at all and that's a proper MG, body kits and spoilers isn't what MG is about.
but (warning more broken record incoming) surly the point of mg is that it was the sporty one out of british leyland/rover?

and the mgb doesn't look sporty?

*looks at mgb pics*

that looks plenty sporty to me, its a freekin roadster ^^

any car needs something that makes it stand out, the mazda doesn't sell because its bland as hell (and if my experiance is anything to go by the dealers are pretty freekin aweful)
the selling point of an mg, the bit that makes it stand out and go 'oi by me!' is that sportiness

an mg without sportiness is like a bmw w/o rwd, a merc w/o refinement, a renault without style, a toyota without reliability

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
but (warning more broken record incoming) surly the point of mg is that it was the sporty one out of british leyland/rover?

and the mgb doesn't look sporty?

*looks at mgb pics*

that looks plenty sporty to me, its a freekin roadster ^^

any car needs something that makes it stand out, the mazda doesn't sell because its bland as hell (and if my experiance is anything to go by the dealers are pretty freekin aweful)
the selling point of an mg, the bit that makes it stand out and go 'oi by me!' is that sportiness

an mg without sportiness is like a bmw w/o rwd, a merc w/o refinement, a renault without style, a toyota without reliability
MGB looks classy not some chaved up, lowered rover (as much as i love the Z's),

This is understated, no body kit here.
Sporty styling to me is a body kit and lowered, MG to me is a understated car with sporty handling and engine. Mazda 6 is not bland at all.
I think MG6 is sporty enough and not going over the top with massive spoilers and body kits.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts