MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at Wikipedia about MG/Rover and SAIC taking on the name MG, I spotted a link to the SAIC website where the Roewe and MG's are shown.

Clicked the MG page followed by the MG6 and was looking through the pictures (don't understand Chinese :lol:) I come across this and clicking through the pages. I am actually starting to like the look of it. Its got nice styling, the interior (to me) still says MG like the ZR/ZS/ZT's do.

Also didn't realise they made a MG3 which looks to me like a rebadged Streetwise. (link )

So these cars, the MG3, MG6, MG7 and the TF are British designed? And are going to be made in the UK? I wouldn't mind a MG6 when my Rover gives up on me.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,883 Posts
Yes, with the passing of time the MG6 is becoming more appealing to me.

By the way ~ note the "SW" after the MG 3 on the plate ..... StreetWise ..

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way ~ note the "SW" after the MG 3 on the plate ..... StreetWise ..

Doh! Did wonder what that meant, thought it meant "Short Wheel" as in SWB :lol: I guess due to Ford owning the Rover name, SAIC were unable to make Rover Streetwise... I take it the name "Streetwise" belongs to Ford now too? Since it was a Rover named car.

Edit: Scrap that last statement, it says Streetwise on the back

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,883 Posts
Not many cars are named by manufacturers now .... but, STREETWISE to me has to be one of the most cool car names ....

In the world.... ;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Not many cars are named by manufacturers now .... but, STREETWISE to me has to be one of the most cool car names ....

In the world.... ;)
i have a streetwise, but im really not keen on the name. wasnt going to let the name put me off, and to be honest its at its best on country roads, not cities!

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
After looking at Wikipedia about MG/Rover and SAIC taking on the name MG, I spotted a link to the SAIC website where the Roewe and MG's are shown.

Clicked the MG page followed by the MG6 and was looking through the pictures (don't understand Chinese :lol:) I come across this and clicking through the pages. I am actually starting to like the look of it. Its got nice styling, the interior (to me) still says MG like the ZR/ZS/ZT's do.

Also didn't realise they made a MG3 which looks to me like a rebadged Streetwise. (link )

So these cars, the MG3, MG6, MG7 and the TF are British designed? And are going to be made in the UK? I wouldn't mind a MG6 when my Rover gives up on me.
The TF's that have been coming out of Longbridge so far and the new MG6 and MG5 (both new cars) are what we expect to be produced at Longbridge, we wont see any of the old designs here again though.

Simon

·
Never forgotten
1,322 Posts
don't understand Chinese :lol:
Google translations.

England style, not just to the repeated texture demanding, but also establish a benchmark of fashion vision everywhere.
MG6 cool black theme built deep, not only in terms of quality Jinxian exquisite detail, more modern aesthetic temperament interpretation of the UK, continuing the retro with the breakthrough in the eternal topic of unprecedented internal enjoyment.
Real-time Flight-Instrument Flight Instrument cabin air is not a high level of precision instruments. Learn from the instructions of the system of private jet plane, MG6 Flight-Instrument Flight Module Real-time meter, a very unique sense of the future of the white backlight, precision engraving style show to bring aviation-grade Willful gallop; human-computer interface real-time Driving Status and Warning messages placed in the central portfolio, bringing a high degree of user-friendly browsing of a head.
HIC (Highly Integration Control)
platforms waterfalls where fully functional and simple beauty can not eat it. T-Dome waterfall-like fluid design, so that dynamic cockpit; more user-friendly driving habits to match the scientific layout, so that every message is a clear understanding in mind.
All-In-One-in-one smart steering system, a wealth of information <br> regulation can not single-handedly contro
.​
His best dynamic three design styles, with more than ten items of user-friendly operating features cleverly fused together to help you control the opportunities from time to time.
Four-wing anti-submarine slide F1 Racing Seat | mace-type vertical shift lever | Ling-touch anti-trap electric windows
Life need to develop more space to practice more likely.
MG brand original MIM (MG Innovative Maximum) theory, maximizing the potential of space, bringing the absolute volume and storage efficiency of a double breakthrough, enough to carry your enviable multi-dimensional life.
2705mm
Cross-Class long wheelbase 2705mm
L​
ong wheelbase level of expertise can only be a few people enjoy?

MG6 peers Extraordinaire extraordinary scale in the provision of superior lateral control of the same time, even with ample space inside redefines the standard scale.
1379L dynamic optimization of space / 429L ultra-deep luggage space to enjoy a wide space and smooth appearance can not have both?
If it were not rated as a breakthrough act of the Fast-Back design, it is difficult to imagine in such a beautiful slender body, the through the rear seat 4 / 6 split or tipped over the whole dynamic of the optimized volume of up to 1379 liters, from time to time the available storage space also reached an amazing 429 liters.

16 + user-friendly storage system the more trivial the more difficult to manage? Up to 16 human-oriented storage devices, comprehensive to meet your individual needs, so that life temperament handy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts