MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 2015 MG6 dti has a stability control fail as soon as I start driving...it used to be intermittent but is now constant . I have run a bluetooth OBD2 diagnostic with Garage pro and it find no fault on either the specific ABS scan or the general scan...has anyone else had this ..I believe it is an MOT failure....thanks in advance Bob

·
Registered
995 Posts
ABS sensor on Near side front wheel caused this problem on my Petrol Mk1, would extinguish at restart and come back on as soon as I took a left hand turn, eventually it failed altogether and became a constant fault. I had it checked out by the AA but there diagnostic machine could not identify a fault either. Most instances I have heard of were also nearside front, guess it has something to do with the sensor cable route making it more susceptible to damage. For my Petrol the sensor was available off the shelf at my local MG dealer for about £35 and changed easily at home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks David .....I will try that left turn specifically this morning....Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it comes on when you turn the wheel left towards full lock but not right so I have just ordered one from brown and gammons....hopefully will do the trick!.....thanks again

·
Registered
995 Posts
Tips for fitting: When you disconnect the sensor lead in the engine bay tie a string to it then when you pull it into the wheel arch you will be able to use the string to pull the new lead back into the engine bay.

To remove the sensor is a single bolt, but the sensor can be quite tight in its mounting hole. I sprayed mine with WD40 and used a wall paper scraper to work around the plastic sensor housing, gently prying & lifting. After a few minutes fiddling the sensor popped clean out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts