MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what the front of the MG6 2017 model looks like together with the dashboard:

Aug 10, 2017 - 10:14am ISTFiled under MG 6, MG, Spy pictures
Interiors of India-bound MG Motor’s premium sedan leaks out

Autohome have posted spyshots of the India-bound MG Motor’s premium sedan, the next-gen MG6. It’s appears to be a significant improvement all-around from the current MG 6. The second gen model (codename: IP32) will make its world debut on 25 August at the 2017 Chengdu Auto Show, local media reports say.

Compared to the outgoing model, the new interior has a more upmarket and a certain European feel. It features an angled centre console housing a large touchscreen, minimal button count, EPB (electronic parking brake), MG ZS-inspired 3-spoke steering wheel and a large colour MID between the two instrument dials. The model spotted has an all black interior theme, but we expect beige+black and other dual tone options to be available.

The exterior draws design inspiration from MG’s latest design direction, which was previewed by the MG E-Motion concept. There are cues from the MG ZS SUV, such as the wide hexagonal mesh grille directly flanked by headlights with circular LED DRLs, and a sporty bumper with silver underlining. It will retain the fastback rear-end, as evidenced by the open tailgate.

Engine lineup is reported to include a 1.0L 3-cylinder turbocharged DOHC petrol engine with 125 hp at 5,200 rpm and 170 Nm peak torque between 2,000 – 4,700 rpm, as well as a 1.5L turbocharged DOHC 4-cylinder petrol engine with 169 hp at 5,600 rpm and 250 Nm at 1,700-4,400 rpm. If launched in India, a diesel option will be offered. In the U.K, the current MG 6 packs a 1.9 DTi-Tech turbodiesel with 148 hp and 350 Nm of torque.

The new MG 6 will compete with the Honda Civic, Ford Focus and the EU Skoda Rapid.

Source URL:

Interiors of India-bound MG Motor's premium sedan leaks out

Cheers..

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,771 Posts
the only fast thing about the back is how fast yuo can run away from it , absolutely no practiclity about it , what ever happened to opening a boot thats the size of the rear end so you can actually put stuff in it without been a contortionist.

·
Registered
mg_tf
605 Posts
Can't tell anything about the back from this image- shot with quite a wide lens up close to make the car look more aggressive (or just possibly because the photographer had no room to step back).
Either way, messes with perspective so I wouldn't worry about the rear hatch size from this shot.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New pictures of the rear and front quarter

Badly translated Chinese article

Look good can also eat the new MG 6 (MG6) to declare the map

Domestic new car Tencent car 2017-08-15 11:35

Recently, the media exposure of the new MG 6 (new MG6 ( participating , pictures , inquiry )) models of the declaration information. The appearance of the car with a new design. Power, the new car is currently only reported 1.5T models and 1.0T plug-in hybrid models two kinds of power. It is reported that the new MG 6 will debut this year.

The new name is based on 6 Roewe ( Microblogging ) I6 to build, shield-type front grille with a sharp headlamps group, making the front face is very attractive shape. Size, the new car outside the length and width were 4695/1848 / 1462mm, wheelbase 2715mm. From the report point of view, the new car rear round shape, the proportion of coordination, the bumper in addition to two concave lines, almost no extra design, looks very simple.

In the figure, the "45T PHEV" logo at the black mark at the end of the black trolley shows the identity of the plug-in version of the car. Overall appearance, insert and mix models with 1.5T models basically the same.

In terms of power, the new Noble 6's existing declaration shows that it will carry the 15E4E 1.5T engine with a maximum power of 169 hp, and the drive system is expected to share a 6-speed manual or 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox with the Roewe i6. Plug-in hybrid models are equipped with a set of 10E4E 1.0T engine and motor plug-in hybrid system, of which the engine maximum power of 125 horsepower, drive motor maximum power of 80 horsepower, integrated fuel consumption value of 1.5L / 100km.

(Spy source: car home)

Source URL:

http://auto.qq.com/a/20170815/025765.htm

Cheers..

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
According to a post on a motorsport forum, according to top brass at MG it won't be coming here so won't be entering the BTCC with it next year.

Just saying like, even though the last press release committing to a further 3 years in the BTCC did mention working on a new vehicle sometime in the next 3 years.

So will it come to the UK and will it be the new BTCC car for next year or the year after? And will 888/BMR ditch MG etc etc.

I do love the Btcc rumours threads as most of it is complete bowl locks and some bits prove to be correct.

·
Registered
mg_tf
234 Posts
In my view it is another step forward. Other than the hideously large front grill that seems to afflict many cars these days it's inoffensive. Depending on the UK spec it might be something that I would consider. It's pitched into a tough market sector though, so it will have to be good to be average if you know what I mean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts