MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
mg_zs
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning all,

I'm looking to get an idea of what my MG6 1.8 TSE may be worth for parts.

It's clutch has started slipping and with the few other bits that are needed I'm wondering if it's worth doing or if I should just call it a day 馃様

It's done 124k and has the following issues, slipping clutch, brake likes corroded, front disks and pads need doing. Satnav complains and says wrong version, boot release a bit iffy.

The engine runs well with no knocks or bangs, the gearbox runs through the full range, bodywork is tidy, all 4 alloys (TSE) have slight curbing but nothing bad (no big gouges so easy refurb) tyres are all good, interior all good but drivers seat a little worn. All external parts in good condition.

If anyone is interested or could give me an idea on value it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky
Vehicle registration plate Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
If it were mine, I鈥檇 fix it up, with that short list of issues.,. :)

I assume it failed it MOT? It鈥檚 probably only worth hundreds without MOT, but has good potential to add value if you spend a couple of weekends sorting the issues.

Was it brake discs corroded? Not clear from what you wrote.

In the Garage
MG TF
If it were mine, I鈥檇 fix it up, with that short list of issues.,. :)

I assume it failed it MOT? It鈥檚 probably only worth hundreds without MOT, but has good potential to add value if you spend a couple of weekends sorting the issues.

Was it brake discs corroded? Not clear from what you wrote.
Just looked at the MoT check and the car has an MoT until Feb 22, in fact it seems to have passed most MoT's without much issue.

Registered
high miliage, so i would suggest 拢1500 sorted. The petrol clutch and brakes are cheap enough, but still going to cost someone nearly 拢500 in parts. Best bet would be to find someone who wants to fix it up and try to get 拢600-700.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts