MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been driving my MG3 today 20 miles today with no issues . Parked up and 1 minute later car will not start. Its been a dry warm day today. The engine is warm still All lights are on and working. Will not even crank or turn over, no sound, no clicking nothing. Attached my battery booster starter, still nothing. Car locks and unlocks fine. Any suggestion would be grateful before I get greenflag out. Thanks

·
Registered
11,976 Posts
I'd been driving my MG3 today 20 miles today with no issues . Parked up and 1 minute later car will not start. Its been a dry warm day today. The engine is warm still All lights are on and working. Will not even crank or turn over, no sound, no clicking nothing. Attached my battery booster starter, still nothing. Car locks and unlocks fine. Any suggestion would be grateful before I get greenflag out. Thanks
I had the same kind of issue on my 63 plate. Just parked up and wouldn't turn over. Turned out after recovery and diagnosis a blot had sheared off and jammed the starter motor. Ended up having a new starter motor and rebuilt gearbox as there was quite some gouges in the bell housing. I may have just been unlucky but check all the obvious fist.

Is battery good, rock car in gear does engine try to turn ok, or try turning it over manually. Rule out the simple checks first.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went back to the car a few days later and it just started first time without a problem. As though nothing had happened. Could I of accidently immobilised the car and after a while it just resets it self 🤔

·
Registered
11,976 Posts
I went back to the car a few days later and it just started first time without a problem. As though nothing had happened. Could I of accidently immobilised the car and after a while it just resets it self
Plenty of possibilities as to why it wouldn't start and then did.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts