MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I would like to ask the advice of you wonderful people who own/know about ZT's!

I have decided that I am going to buy either a 160+ or a 190+. I wouldn't mind going for the lower spec 160+ due to the saving on fuel but...

I have just got over the joy of a K-Series Head Gasket Failure on my 416SLi. I was wondering if the 160+ is a good plan as it has a K-Series and I am not sure if it is a fixed issue or not. The 190+ is a V6 and a different style engine - for that reason would this be a better option?

The garage that fixed my HG said "Avoid buying an MG or Rover - they are always problematic, the V6 suffers from oil problems". Any thoughts - it would be hard for me to quit having owned 3 Rovers and only Rovers.

I would love to have the ZT but obviously don't want problems, are they a good option??

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've just (yesterday) picked up a 190+. I didn't actually try a 160, as I thought the engine too small for such a lump of a car. Another reason might be that I've switched from a 2.3 turbo and didn't want too much of a drop in power. I've got to say, one of the best reasons for going for the V6 is the noise - it's grrrrreat.

As for potential problems, it's a car! But seriously, all the research I did would suggest that the ZT is likely to be as reliable as the majority of its rivals.

Go for the V6 - you'll prefer it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have to agree with Baldybloke, it's a car!

I PERSONALLY know of a BMW 316 and Ford Fiesta 1.3 that both had Head Gasket Failures...

I have the ZT 190 and its great. :2c:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I test drove a 160 and found it quite underpowered for the size of it, though it's not that slow (though I was driving a VVC Coupe at the time). The 190 is much better :hyper:

Delighted with my 190+ ZT :cloud9:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts