MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
A customer has a 53 plate MG ZT 1.8 and he does a lot of motorway miles, so is in for a service about every 10 weeks. However I was going to replace the fuel filter a couple of services ago, but was uncertain of its location. I undid the inspection plates under the rear seat to gain access into the 2 tank pump/sender units, but it wasn't obvious that the filter was there?
Can anyone clarify its position and breifly describe the replacement proceedure, as I don't wish to fiddle with anything I shouldn't, which may end in tears.
Thanks
Will-H

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Sorry mate, Matt asked what was the engine size but you'd already said!

The fuel filter on your car is at the rear and accessed via the panel under the seat. iirc the filter is on the near side of the car. I can't talk you through the replacement work I'm afraid :(

hth

Mike :)

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
I am going to move this for you to the 75 and ZT forum where more knowledgeable people on the type often lurk.

Mike

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Will-H said:
Hi
A customer has a 53 plate MG ZT 1.8 and he does a lot of motorway miles, so is in for a service about every 10 weeks. However I was going to replace the fuel filter a couple of services ago, but was uncertain of its location. I undid the inspection plates under the rear seat to gain access into the 2 tank pump/sender units, but it wasn't obvious that the filter was there?
Can anyone clarify its position and breifly describe the replacement proceedure, as I don't wish to fiddle with anything I shouldn't, which may end in tears.
Thanks
Will-H
Hello Will and welcome to the forums and the 75 and ZT club.

I have just read through the service schedule for this engine type. There is no mention of fuel filter change for the petrol derivitive only for the diesel.
So you have no need to look for this.
Download the service schedule from:-
http://homepage.mac.com/mgzt180/.cv/mgzt180/Sites/.Public/MG Stuff/zt_service_check_list.pdf-zip.zip

Description of location of the fuel filter is here but is not replaceable unless faulty. It also describes a particular issue with the fuel system on these cars.
http://www.75andztclub.com/index.php?page=howto

Read petrol system failure and equally as important unblocking drainage channels.

Regards

MM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts