MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought an 03 MG ZT Ctdi+ and have come to several conclusions.

1. I think I'm the youngest ever owner of ZT at the age of 27. I've never seen anyone else even close to my age driving one. Obviously the youth of today have no idea about a quality car.

2. Servicing is very expensive when it comes to the 60K. Does anyone know the best place to go for servicing around the northwest? I've been quoted about £475 so far which wouldn't be that bad except I want to buy 4 new tyres as well!

3. Climate control seems to have a huge impact on fuel efficiency?

4. I've also been without it as it's had a new turbo fitted after it just vanished on a trip to London - oxford to manchester is not nice without the turbo! Apparently they're very expensive and the garage and the warranty company are still arguing over who is paying for it (3 months on!)

Does it get better owning the ZT?

E

·
0 Posts
I bought my ZT at 29. 18months ago. Superb motor! Had a ZS before that for 3 years (25). Cougar before that (big mistake - 14months then got shut)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Car history

Astra Van, Nova, Puegeot 405 T Diesel, Ford Capri, Another 405 TDiesel, Alfa 164 3 litre, Vectra SRI and finally the MG ZT.

Only one change through accident which was not my fault! - the 1st 405 was kindly written off by a wagon whilst it was parked. Luckily I was just walking back to the car when it happened!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:
"I think I'm the youngest ever owner of ZT at the age of 27. I've never seen anyone else even close to my age driving one. Obviously the youth of today have no idea about a quality car."

You're not the youngest! I bought my ZT260 at 25 (now 26), tiz a quality car. Sorry to point this out though, at 27 you hardly qualify as a youth!!
Must admit, did wonder whether I was too young to buy one, but decided not to be so stupid & bought one!
I'm sure there is someone else on this forum even younger driving a R75 1.8, I think he's only 20!! I bet his mates give him some grief, apart from when being carted about in comfort. Top bloke for buying what he likes and not what he supposedly should like!!
There are lots of people that really like the ZT & R75, but they won't buy cos they are badge snobs & worry about their image. They now have another excuse with Rover/MG going down.
Their loss is our gain I say!! Until selling time!
I'm sure you'll have no real troubles with it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Marsey, welcome, the guys here do an excellent job of making everyone feel welcome!

Check this thread (probably should have been polled really)

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=124702

Gives you an Idea of ages and cars driven as I thought very similar to you

I've had E46 BMW 330ds etc, and came to the ZT as a pure value for money work horse at the tender age of 26....

It does get better, speak to Rover Ron, with some decent tweaks you can probably see 180bhp from your CDTi.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts