MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone experiences a heavy clutch on the diesel MG ZT. When I've driven other cars the clutches seem very light compared to mine. Is there something wrong. It also sqeeks a little which is very irretating.

I would like to hear from other owners experiencing similar problems.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
104 Posts
greg_628 said:
I am wondering if anyone experiences a heavy clutch on the diesel MG ZT.QUOTE]

I have a ZT 160+ 2.5ltr petrol and my clutch seems really heavy since we got a Peugeot 206CC for my wife (has a "motorised" clutch) which means it's really light.

It could just be that you are comparing it to other cars with light clutches or that it has done a high mileage like my car (90K).

I tried a brand new ZT190 when I was in my local garage recently and it didn't seem quite as heavy as mine, so now I'm confused too!

·
Registered
250 Posts
My Zt CDTi has a heavy clutch, as did each of the 75 and ZT diesels I test-drove before I picked the ZT.

TBH I don't notice unless I get into another car or if I spend an hour or more in stop-start traffic.

MGR has been replacing squeaky clutch plates under warranty, there is a tech bulletin for it (mine was replaced and I hadn't noticed it being squeaky)

Try and drive a few other ZTs or 75s is poss to see if yours is worse.

G

·
I moved from a ZS to a ZT and find that you have to drive the ZT whereas the ZS almost drove itself. Both great cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts