Full Size Alloy
Alcantara Trim
42k miles
2 new Tyres
FSH
6 mths Tax
Not a mark on it.

Price is £12,000
Piccy's are avaliable when i can get digital camera working.

·
Registered
446 Posts
greg_628 said:
I have a 52 plate MG ZT CDTI+ 135bhp for sale
Is this the one with the heavy clutch?

greg_628 said:
I am wondering if anyone experiences a heavy clutch on the diesel MG ZT. When I've driven other cars the clutches seem very light compared to mine. Is there something wrong. It also sqeeks a little which is very irretating.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've experienced it with the ZT Diesel only as the car i test drove was a demo and it too felt the same.

I must be just used to a Vauxhall clutch as that was what my other cars were.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
greg_628 said:
I have a 52 plate MG ZT CDTI+ 135bhp for sale

Spec is as follows:

Anthracite Met
Drivers Intelligence Pack
6 Disc CD changer
Full Size Alloy
Alcantara Trim
42k miles
2 new Tyres
FSH
6 mths Tax
Not a mark on it.

Price is £12,000
Piccy's are avaliable when i can get digital camera working.
Sadly, the price is a few thousand over the top.

I bought three weeks an 2004 (04) MG ZT + CDTi 135 Automatic for £12,500. In addition to the standard spec, my car has the half leather seats, Starlight Silver paintwork and Plus option pack consisting of Parking Sensor, Electrochromatic Rearview Mirror, Rain Sensor, Trafficmaster Alert System, Xenon Headlights, ITS Head Airbags and Cruise Control. It had 2k miles on the clock and I got a years car tax and a full tank of Diesel.

A price of under £10k would be more like it for the car that you have advertised. Sorry, but sadly true.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I disagree. The MG ZT competition are the likes of Saab 9-3, Audi A4, Merc C Class and BMW 3 Series, of which I would rather have a ZT than a run of the mill rep mobile.

·
Registered
446 Posts
greg_628 said:
I disagree. The MG ZT competition are the likes of Saab 9-3, Audi A4, Merc C Class and BMW 3 Series, of which I would rather have a ZT than a run of the mill rep mobile.
I agree with Greg, a Mondeo is a utility family machine with an enormous loadspace under the hatchback and nothing exciting or interesting about it.

The 75 is more of an emotional machine and the ZT a more sporty version of it. The Saab is the closest of your options.

I would say that C-Class, BMW 3 series and Audi A4 are all run of the mill repmobiles.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
You may well like to think that the 75 and ZT are Merc C-Class, Audi A4, Jaguar X-Type, BMW 3 Series rivals, but the general public just don't perceive it that way - nor do the motoring press. Like it or not, the 75 is perceived as a Vauxhall Vectra, Ford Mondeo, Volkswagen Passat rival nowadays. It may have been different when the 75 was first launched, but MGR's ideas have come down a peg or two since then.

Having owned alot of 75's and now 2 ZT's, I think that the 75 is a class above the normal Mondeo class.

The latest Mondeo (Facelifted models) are far and away better than the rep mobile status that it had before. The interior is alot more attractive than previously and the TDCi engines are fantastic. I had a 2.0 Zetec as a hire car (53 plate) and was mightily impressed.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sorry greg, my wife is in the trade and MGR product values includung ZT's are in freefall. Options add little to used values other than to make it easier to sell. i'm afraid you are away with the fairies on price when I can buy a brand new (NOT pre-reg) ZT+CDTi 135 for UNDER £15k. I also have a ZT-T CDTi 135 and i'm not exactly chuffed at its value but thats the market.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Adrian Robertsh said:
Sorry greg, my wife is in the trade and MGR product values includung ZT's are in freefall.
I was quite shocked to see that the 3yr future value for my ZT was under £6K, and to think I bought a 3yr-old Metro in 1996 for short of £5K!!!

Essentially, I've been paid the deficiet to have the ZT taken off my hands, by a simillar reduction being applied to the ZR which is replacing it.

Apologies, it seems like the thread has been hijacked...

·
Registered
56 Posts
The trick is...buy one new heavily discounted and then keep it as long as possible and run into the ground...Then trade it in when dealers are offering a minimum trade in price on any vehicle.

Good luck trying to stick to this principle.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Greg,

Your car is worth whatever you receive for it when you sell it. That may be 9k or it may be 13k.

Do a search on autotrader and see what they go for. Failing that I would advertise it at £12k on Autotrader and see what response you get that will tell you if its worth £12k?

If you go in too cheap you can never talk it up. If you go in too expensive the lack of enquiaries will tell the tale and you can drop the price in stages.

Don't panic and under-sell though as it is a desirable car and someone will want it. IMHO I think the ZT 135 is the most re-sellable car in the MGR range (hey ... I own one :))

Too many people get a crap valuation from a dealer and then take it as gospel and then sell it too cheap then go on to complain about depreciation.

Best of luck!

AL

·
Registered
863 Posts
I agree with alastair to a point, a search on Autotrader will tell you what they are being advertised at, which isn't the same as 'going for'......My ZT-T with 38k miles registered in 04/03 has a top book of £9600 in Glass's March guide, next week (April) it will be worth a bit less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.