MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why the boot lid on the 4 door facelift ZS is devoid of any kind of lining? While the liftback on the 5 door has a moulded plastic lining, the interior of the boot lid on my 4 door is just bare metal with sharp edges that could cut children's hands - especially small kiddies who can't reach the lip spoiler to close the lid. Has anybody found a solution for this?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Tape over the edges where the kids are likely to reach?
Keep the kids away from the boot?

This is pretty usual, by the way. We can't think of any saloon car that has a lining. Though to be fair I don't have access to any Mercs or Bentleys at the moment so I can't check.

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
Most boot lids are devoid of lining. If you want to loose the "tinny" sound go to the "reducing noise" thread.

There is a lot you can do to reduce the noise of the release actuator and rattles of calbes and rods in the boot together with eliminating all tinnyness.

Anyone remember the Monty Python woody and tinny sketch?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
tradman, I asked the same question as I thought this was strange when I got my ZS saloon a few months ago.

After owning hatchbacks and coupes, it did seem strange, and at first I thought it was costcutting, but as people say the bootlid never had a lining.

Shame really, when I've just spent hours polishing the car I don't like touching the outside of it when opening/closing doors. Sad I know :)

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
Parsec,
Did you find all paint nice and smooth? or were there any rough areas where the paint was not properly polished in.

I found a few areas that needed some T cut to sort them out. Also rear lights look much better after T cutting. On some cars they buff up the lights, others they do not. Worth it to add to the shine.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Paint finish seems smooth, unlike other areas of the car!

Interesting tip on T-Cut, although I'm not one for using that normally! Have had a hell of a time recently with the stone chips on the front of the car, they got filled with wax residue and turned white making it look a right mess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts