MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please keep a look out, it got stolen between midnight and early this morning (30th may/31st May). Broke into the house and stole the keys to the car. Took nothing else, just the car keys.

Car details are as follows:
2004 MG ZS 120+ (mark 2/facelift model)
Colour : Dark (Royal) Blue
180 bodykit/alloys on allround except for lip spoiler.
Private number plate: X20 MGS, with Alexance of Oxford on plate.
Has Oxford Utd sticker emblem on the back. Also Alexance of Oxford at the top.

I am pretty gutted about this but unless anything comes up the next couple of days, I don't expect to see it back.

Thanks very much

Martin Honey

Attachments

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Damn shame, thats a good looking motor
as are all ZS's, but just a little bit better with the facelift and those lovely alloys!! What a shame, you might not have been in the same situation if you owned a rover 45 :( Judging by the perceptions of Rover i can't see burglars/joyriders wanting them!

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
These things happen.

You are better without it back after someone has stolen it - just hope the insurance give you a fair payout.

·
Registered
mg_zs
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damen said:
These things happen.

You are better without it back after someone has stolen it - just hope the insurance give you a fair payout.
I'm not expecting any favours from the insurers, although they are quite reputable. We will have to wait and see.

At the moment I want it back, it was bought brand new to my specification and in royal blue quite rare. But having said that, I really don't expect it back.

Makes you feel sick to be honest. I think it will be sleepless night for me tonight.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Martin_H said:
I'm not expecting any favours from the insurers, although they are quite reputable. We will have to wait and see.

At the moment I want it back, it was bought brand new to my specification and in royal blue quite rare. But having said that, I really don't expect it back.

Makes you feel sick to be honest. I think it will be sleepless night for me tonight.
Jesus mate, it's not even my car and I feel gutted. She was a realy beaut', I love ZSes and I hate to hear these kinds of tales.

Will you be getting another one when the insurance pays out? I'm sure a new V6 would cheer you up. :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Like Alan P says, "Scum, Sub-Human Scum"

Were the keys on a table by the front door or somewhere else obvious? Or did they go looking?

Serioulsy though mate I know I'd be devestated to get burgled, let alone have the car taken. Did it happen whilst you were in?

·
Registered
rover_800
309 Posts
Which is why my keys stay in my pocket all the time.

Not that the car is worth anything, but it's so big they could carry a lot of valuable stuff away from the house... :bandit:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Tenesmus said:
Which is why my keys stay in my pocket all the time.

Not that the car is worth anything, but it's so big they could carry a lot of valuable stuff away from the house... :bandit:
Its not even the cost issue as the insurance covers most of that, its just the trauma of a break-in, and anyone that gives a **** about their car will be mortified. Martin-H clearly loved his car and that makes it all the worse.

Seriously when its all boiled down we have very few real problems to worry about, and people go around ******** the world up.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Martin - I am so sorry.

Absolutely gutting - not only breaking into your house, but also stealing your pride & joy. If they catch em, they should be strung up.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Martin_H said:
Please keep a look out, it got stolen between midnight and early this morning (30th may/31st May). Broke into the house and stole the keys to the car. Took nothing else, just the car keys.

Car details are as follows:
2004 MG ZS 120+ (mark 2/facelift model)
Colour : Dark (Royal) Blue
180 bodykit/alloys on allround except for lip spoiler.
Private number plate: X20 MGS, with Alexance of Oxford on plate.
Has Oxford Utd sticker emblem on the back. Also Alexance of Oxford at the top.

I am pretty gutted about this but unless anything comes up the next couple of days, I don't expect to see it back.

Thanks very much

Martin Honey
Martin, I assume you weren't woken by the burglars, so it's quite possible they knew where to look for the keys, any strange vehicles parked outside your house in the days before the theft or any workmen / visitors to your house over the past little while ?

The good news is that if it turns up on eBay there's a good chance someone from this site could go look at the vehicle and check on chassis / engine numbers for you, so if you want the car back, don't give up hope just yet.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
I am gutted for you. It really is sickning when something of yours gets stolen. Even when my push bike got stolen I felt sick. And to think they have been in your house is even worse. I hope you find the car and that the police catch the *******s. Allthough would you want it back after scum has been in it?

How did they break into your house? Deffinatly worth paying out to make the house more secure just for pease of mind in my oppinion.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
lates said:
Really gutted for you mate, esp having your home violated in the process.

Really long shot ...........does your vin number end in 567489 ??? See here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mg-zs-mgzs-lock-set-blip-and-ecu_W0QQitemZ4645054375QQcategoryZ10414QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thats the same seller as the zs thats breaking that I posted.

If they took the keys and none of the details (v3 or what ever it is) then surely they cant sell it on as its not legal. So they can either joy ride it/use it at their own risk, or break it to sell.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts