MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Can anyone confirm if a MG ZS steering wheel will fit a mk1 MG ZR, I would like to add radio controls and have seen ZS wheels with them pop up on ebay cheap.

I have had a a bit of a search on here but only found reference to fitting one on a Rover 200

Thanks for your time.
Liam

·
Registered
919 Posts
Evening all,

Can anyone confirm if a MG ZS steering wheel will fit a mk1 MG ZR, I would like to add radio controls and have seen ZS wheels with them pop up on ebay cheap.

I have had a a bit of a search on here but only found reference to fitting one on a Rover 200

Thanks for your time.
Liam
IIRC essentially it will, but sticks out slightly further .

I could however be wrong

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
It will but needs modification, ie - cutting of the metal collar. I've got one sitting here and my father, who is an engineer, has said it is possible. However you need to be very carefull of how you attack it, you can't just hack off the top as the indicator returns are intergrated into the collar and need to line up.

I'm going to fit it soon so I will post with the details - once i get the car back from the bloody repairers !

Best!
Alistair.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your responses, i think for the moment i will leave it. sounds like they are not directly compatible so will see how onuo gets on with modding.

thanks again
liam

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
It will be another week before I get it back... The repair centre has bodged the finish up - flaking paint, parts not painted, dust, dimpled finish, paint runs - a total cock up!

So hopefully this Friday I'll get it back and I'll do it over the weekend, get a couple of pics too. ;)

Best!
Alistair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts