1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I been ringing round for service quotes on my MG ZS120+ 33,000 miles 53 plate

Garage tells me I need a 60,000 mile service as the car is 4 years old???? And will be £286 + 30 for a brake fluid change this price includes VAT

£316 sounds a lot to me

I live in the Northampton area anyone have any good garages in that area to recommend???

Ta

David (Just got of the floor after the shock)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If I remember rightly, it's the 4 years or 60,000 miles service (I think this changed on the MK2s?) which involves them changing your cam belt as it's getting old and/or worn. Chances are that it may last a fair while longer, but it's best to be safe than sorry, huh? £300 or new engine? I take £300.

Just be glad you don't have a 180! Cam belt changes on that cost a fair deal more!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts

I been ringing round for service quotes on my MG ZS120+ 33,000 miles 53 plate
Goto the x-part autoservice centre website, enter you postcode in the service outlet search section, and give those a call. There was a £80 difference between the most and least expensive there when I did this.

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I remember rightly, it's the 4 years or 60,000 miles service (I think this changed on the MK2s?) which involves them changing your cam belt as it's getting old and/or worn. Chances are that it may last a fair while longer, but it's best to be safe than sorry, huh? £300 or new engine? I take £300.

Just be glad you don't have a 180! Cam belt changes on that cost a fair deal more!

hi according to the garages i have rang the cam belt is not due till the 90,000 mile mark and would not be done on this 60,000 service anyway

Confused now

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goto the x-part autoservice centre website, enter you postcode in the service outlet search section, and give those a call. There was a £80 difference between the most and least expensive there when I did this.

Thanks R44712 i have found a couple will ring

·
Registered
321 Posts
That's about the right price, an X-part dealer will most likely quote higher.
Cambelt is not due until 6yr/90K, but on the 4yr/60 it's due fuel filter, platinum plugs, as well as the normal oil, filter, remote batteries, and if MG schedule is followed it'll take about 2.5 hours. Brake fluid change recommended every 2yrs.

Sorry but that price is about right.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Agreed, the price is spot on. 60,000 is oil, filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, coolant. Cam belt at 90,000 or 6yrs. Brake fluid only needs changing every 2 years. HTH :)

Edit; didn't finish reading SteveZT190s post before posting

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
That's about the right price, an X-part dealer will most likely quote higher.
Not necessarily so - for the 2yr/24K mile service on my ZR some x-part outlets were after ~£300 + ~£20 for the brake fluid work, others were less, one said that it "wouldn't be necessary" to do the brake fluid, and another quoted the lowest price and included the brake work within it. So it pays to look around.

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had my 5yr/75k service done at Clifton Lane in Northampton, highly recommended. £180 seemed good to me. Car had only done 36k though and yes, cambelt is nthe 6yr/90k service.

www.mg-northants.co.uk/

Brilliant Mattie have rang them and quoted £273 inc VAT thanks bud feel better now big difference had quotes from £352 & £286 & £312

So thanks Bud

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Thats alrite mate. Say I recommended you! I have a Green ZS saloon and was there Wednesday so they should know who you mean!
I use them quite a bit. Good, honest, friendly service with mechanics who love MG's and Rover's.
Where abouts In Northamptonshire are you mate?
All the best.
Matt

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats alrite mate. Say I recommended you! I have a Green ZS saloon and was there Wednesday so they should know who you mean!
I use them quite a bit. Good, honest, friendly service with mechanics who love MG's and Rover's.
Where abouts In Northamptonshire are you mate?
All the best.
Matt

already booked in they seem very good even loan car as well will update when i have had it done not due for a few weeks but like to get it sorted ahead and booked in

hence the ringing around and the asking of you guys on here and always good to here a testimony of a good garage its what these forums are good at

1 - 13 of 13 Posts