MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully a fantastic replica model of the MG ZS saloon car and BTCC racer will be made but to get the project off the ground, the bloke who can get them made needs positive feedback from people so he can go ahead and get 500 made.

So, please email [email protected] to register your interest. This is probably the last chance to get our hands on a ZS model!

·
Registered
rover_800
117 Posts
I have already write telling about my interest and that in Spain there would be a lot more.

hopefully we will get them!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
v interested

i would buy one and i know a couple of people who would it is some thing that i have been looking for a while now

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
What a great idea, Ive always been searching for one but to no avail. If 500+ can be made that would be smashing! I bet many .org members would take up most of the sales which is even better. The ZS with the hot wheels branding on the side would be best I feel.

What are the chances of getting a ZR made in a small run or can you get one from anywhere ?
A ZR would also look fabulous in the cabinet or mantlepiece.

How much would it be as an estimate?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep sending emails, the more interest there is the more likely it will get produced!

If companies are willing to make models of Fiat Punto's, then the MG ZS deserves a good chance!

·
Registered
169 Posts
A request for this model was made just over a year ago but nothing came of it. Last time, they needed 1200 orders or something like that. 500 seems more realistic and more likely to achieve the numbers. Will it be the same manufacturer, do you know what will be the colour choice or is that too early to state?

Can they get hold of the resin moulds that the Hotwheels guys made of the X-power cars? Now they would look good

I would be interested. Really want a 75 tourer and ZTT as well!!!

·
Registered
36,503 Posts
...Really want a 75 tourer...as well!!!
you could always buy a Vanguards 75 saloon, sellotape a matchbox to it, and pretend it was one of those prototypes...especially if you use Tipp-Ex and marker pen to decorate it in a "chessboard" pattern...;)

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
£20-£30, same as any well made model. Excpet this would be the best looking model made.

K and R replicas do the ZR in kit and ready made form -
http://www.kandrreplicas.co.uk/MGS.HTM
Pictures dont do the model justice.

For any other MG/Rover/Austin models, go here- http://www.racingcarshop.co.uk/

Top value and very good service.
Not that impressed by the look of the K & R models, They look the size of matchbox cars - and the quality doesn't exactly shine through, the plastic glass looks a bit crap as does the tyres. Racing Car Shop's models looks alot better...

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Think the plan is to get a Hotwheels livery done plus Reid's winning Indy cat plus maybe a road car!
Think it would be Spark who would make them.

·
Registered
rover_800
11,775 Posts
i was in Vigo and in Barcelona in the last couple of weeks and saw loads of MGR cars, however not one MG ZS or 45, but loads of Bubble 200 and MK2 200/400 models....

Gibraltar had dozens of MGRS of all years.... was nice to see....

a few bubble 200 in Rome and Naples

a few of most things in Lisbon...

Bugger all in marseilles

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They might even be able to produce a Kartworld racer in the form of the 07 spec mk2 driven by Fiona Leggate!
Keep sending the positive emails!

·
Registered
36,503 Posts
Not quite what you're looking for but clicky here
Diecast Model Cars - MG/Rover

Renowned for their reliability and timeless designs, Rover has been at the heart of Britain's motor industry since 1904 and is today a part of the MG Rover Group.
Now the Vanguards have only just rebranded themselves as Corgi from Lledo, so you'd have thought they'd have reviewed the site!

Pass the Tipp-Ex and the marker pen, I want to create a bespoke Nürburgring special!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts