MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used MG ZS 1.5 Excite 2018 plate from a dealer less than 30 days ago and noticed after driving it for a few days that the car feels like it is going to stall / judders. This happens mainly after shifting into second gear but can also happen from a stop. I have read some of the other posts on this site and the problems sound very similar to mine. I have taken the car to the MG garage who replaced the cam shaft sensor, this has made a slight improvement especially after it was first done but after driving it since the drive from the MG garage, it has started juddering again.

I was wondering, from those who have more experience with these cars, whether I should return the car to the dealer and get a refund under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or should I persevere with taking it back to the MG garage to try another repair? I do like the car but I don’t want to keep it if the problem can’t be fixed or if any fixes are only temporary.

I thought I would say I bought the vehicle from a different dealer to my local MG garage.

·
Registered
other_mg
38 Posts
Mine is poor on light throttle settings when cold, but the best advice I can give after nearly 15 months is, Floor it, use premium fuel, but the early models are apparently worse. It;s not all that bad for the money, but the roblem is partially down to the engines being optimised for pollution, not efficiency. my review was this on Honest John,

Personally, when I can get rid of mine, I will, despite the savage depreciation. It;s one of the first and trade in is about £8000,Thats £6500 loss in 2 years, but it;s going...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Oldroverboy. Did you take it to MG to sort the light throttle problem? If so, what did they say?

Good review by the way.

·
Registered
other_mg
38 Posts
It is ( really) a characteristic of engines like this. Learn to use it with appropriate throttle settings and it's fine.
It has been to France and Belgium and rapidly so, speed linits permitting.

If you like it and can live with it,
Thanks for your reply Oldroverboy. Did you take it to MG to sort the light throttle problem? If so, what did they say?

Good review by the way.

·
Registered
other_mg
38 Posts
Read this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts