MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know anything about wiring? got new switches for my electric windows and the wires are different colours from the car! in the car i have a.....

Blue and Yellow
Brown and Red
Red - (live wire i think)
Brown (this wire loops back into the brown and red wire)
Blue and green

In the switch

White
Yellow (Live)
Yellow and green (earth)
yellow and black

Not much to go on but anyone got any ideas how to conect it up?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi Derek, have you got any form of manual that you could cross reference with your wiring colours. I can possibly get you PDF file wiring diags for original wiring, but if your kit is aftermarket it might be difficult to match up.

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi chris,

Took out the center console, the origional wiring is there but not live, so they have put in new wiring to match the window switches they used, curently going through a process of elimination which is costing me a fortune in fuses but i'm determined to get it because it looks so much better with the proper switches

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had a feeling that was what had happened, it's an aftermarket kit that they've fitted. I hate messing with wiring it's such a pain and leaves the ends of your fingers sore.:eek:uch:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me about it mate, they put fuse boxes in the most akward places aswell!
I'll get there in the end, I'm determined!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah, I think the ZS is slightly different to the 45 in this respect, I had a look for mine it seems to be hidden behind alot of wiring. Not Good, at least the underbonnet one is easy to get at :eek:uch:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts