MG-Rover.org Forums banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Add me as another person who had the issue of charging for 2 minutes then stopping. Switched off Powerline adapter and problem solved!

I'm fortunate that my car charges overnight and the Powerline adapter is for running internet down to the garden office which I only use during the day, so I've got the adapter plugged into a Meross WiFi socket and have a timer set up to handle the switch.

As a side note, as it was questioned before : it's not the EVSE which is negatively effected by the Powerline in my case - my Zoe charges from the same charger fine. So to me, the ZS is the wobbly part here.

Something to keep in mind if you plan to plug in to a domestic socket when staying overnight somewhere.

·
Registered
rover_600
208 Posts
The current problem with electric chargers and electric cars is that charging technology is about ten years ahead of the cars. A prime example of this is that the chargers on your Shell and BP forecourts are capable of shunting 340kwh of power into the car. Big cables and big batteries so they can charge their charging stations on off peak power, mains power comes in to unit on very heavy single core wire armour cables and can be used to supplement the power that is stored in the batteries or if the unit has fully discharged it can supply a DC or AC current capable of doing a fast charge top up.
Sadly there is currently no car capable of accepting a charge at even half the chargers maximum output.
I have to say as an engineer of the three me in areas mechanical, electrical, and Aero. Until the introduction of electric cars batteries have always been rated in amps per hour and cold crank amps.
An interesting devolvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

61 - 62 of 62 Posts