MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried my air con today and it just will not get cold. Had it re gased last July and worked brilliantly. I do not believe its leakling any gas because when i turn it on the revs do not drop and there is no noise from the pump.
I am assuming its the worst but i may be wrong. If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it .

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Yep! if the pressure drops below a set level, the pump wont opperate. However yours could be a faulty pump relay, I had this ona 600 recently. The likelyhood is you have a hole in your system somewhere...did you run the aircon once a week throught the winter like your supposed to????
Jim

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zs Air Con Not Working

Im afraid i did not have it on at all in the winter. I want to check if the relay is faulty, does anyone know if my missus rover 25 relay will fit mine ?

·
Registered
737 Posts
If your air con compressor does not start at all and you have had it re-gassed its more than likely lost its charge again.
But check fuses etc before-hand though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Air con

Checked relay switch and fuses thats ok and also checked clutch on the pulley which is also fine. Should be getting it re-gased again on Friday or Monday.

I will let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
rover_45
35 Posts
I have the same problem with the aircon on my 45 diesel. It was regassed 2 weeks ago and now it won't blow out cold air. Bloody typical that I was in the car yesterday afternoon with just the fan to recirculate the air. I will check relays and stuff before contacting the garage about whether or not it was regassed properly.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Air con is one of those things that is quite easy to overlook. If you dont run it all winter the chances are the seals will have dried out and all the gas escaped and nodoubt the oil too. You have to run these things otherwise it starts to get expensive. My first car with air con on was an 827 from 1989 and it was 1 year old when I bought it and the climate control had been used in manuel the whole time so the seals, the thermo switch and the drier had all had it. It cost me a massive amount to get it all working in the end. So now on I use air con the whole time and turn it off half way through my journey to work and then back on for the journey home as it might cost that little more in fuel and performance but in the long run it will cost you dear to fix a problem with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts