MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i know i'm clutching at straws here , i'm struggling to find a good fuel tank for a customers car any zs tank will do so long as its not corroded the tank i have here is beyond restoration too porous and thin to repair . if any one has one or knows where a good one or new one is i would appreciate the help

·
Registered
deceased 05 25, current 05 45
790 Posts
I recently replaced the tank on our 45. I used a new (bought years ago) genuine MG Rover tank which had been relabled. I think one of the part numbers was shown on Rimmers as suitable for a 400, alas the cross referencing is no longer there. The main factor I think between older 400 tanks and the newer ones was they had two holes for sender and separate pump. Rimmers do have new one hole tanks for the 400 - price nearly £400.
There is a used one hole 400 tank on ebay, as well as a non pictured new aftermarket one

·
Registered
36,497 Posts
don't know if this is any help, but I believe that the fuel tank had fallen prey to Project Drive and so the Mk2 tank lacked the corrosion protection of the Mk1 when it left the factory, such that a Mk1 tank would be the one to get if you had the luxury of choice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thanks , i have just looked at that the ebay one has a hole in the wrong place , i think there were a few centre holed ones fitted in the 90s too so dont want to risk a blind buy on the non illustrated on , ill put the option of the £375 to him i can hear the profanities that will come from his mouth already , especially as all the piping is rotten too but thats easily hand made

·
Registered
mg_zs
73 Posts
Try fastrads, I got a brand new rover 45 tank around a year ago from them, they did have others. Was identical to the one on my zs 180.

Thanks,
Connor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a bit late but just in case any one ever has trouble finding a tank I just couldn't find one anywhere at the time for sensible money , I ended up getting a tank for a 90's Honda Accord for around £90 new , its was almost identical with the exception of a baffle in the wrong place , I am good at welding so I drilled out 2 of the spot welds holding it in place and moved it and filled the holes back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts