MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just seems starnge though. Why spend all the money on a bodykit for a 1.6 when for similar money they could of had a 2.5 V6!

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
mattie007 said:
Ive been looking at a 110 for a while and this seems cheap, especially as its the new style! Any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18262&item=4537918296&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting
You can buy new for £9500, so I guess he's got a bodykit on the cheap (ie. scrappy / stolen).... and he's selling now... having probably only lost £500 in 8 months if he gets the asking price....

Why sell? I'm always suspicious of people who sell after such a short time...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
mattie007 said:
Just seems starnge though. Why spend all the money on a bodykit for a 1.6 when for similar money they could of had a 2.5 V6!
It's not actually got the bodykit (side fins, wheel arch extensions etc.) just the evo spoiler :)

Nice looking car though, they look great in the colour.

I'd have said it'll pull alright with the 1.6, it's a nice revvy engine, more so than the 1.8 although less torquey obviously :)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
549 Posts
Interior from a 1.8? How much different is that from the 1.6 interior? And why would you spend that on a 1 year old car? Nice looking car, though I'm not a fan of the tea tray rear wing.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Northerner said:
Glad it wasn't just me that noticed it has got the old style 17in ( I think!) wheels and the ironing board!
I'm going to get a reputation for being pedantic here ( :lol: ) but they're not actually old style wheels, they're still a valid option if you opt for 17" wheels on a non-bodykitted car.

Only the full bodykit gets the rather nice new square spoked wheels - the two options go hand in hand as the wheels are wider hence the arch extensions :)

I think it's a really nice looking car, from the side it looks like the original ZS180 (which is a good thing) yet it has the revised nose and tail.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
e668ecp said:
MG Rover Wakefield - New ZS 110 for £8800 nuff said
Quite often the problem with these sorts of deals is it's a case of taking what they've got be it pre-reg or a showroom car.

To order one in the spec like this with upgraded wheels, spoiler and (possibly?) interior would cost more, especially as the discounts are not as big when they have to build a car for you.

Having said that, it's good bargaining tool to speak to this chap and get him to lower his price!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts