MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I joined the forum today, I have owned my 1.5 MG ZS Exclusive for a month now and covered 500 miles its a great car and far more practical then my previous car a Jaguar Xe, the only problem I have found with my ZS is at least once a day it the engine cuts out on approach to a road junction it doesen't matter if the engine is cold or at its normal temperture this is with the auto stop switched off, it starts first time after cutting out, and then runs ok for the rest of the day, I was wondering if any other owners had come across the same problem with their 1.5 ZS

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
There are at least 2 ECU updates that have been released by MG which is supposed to fix this issue.

Report this back to your MG dealer and get them to update the ECU under warranty.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
We are running a ZS 1.5 auto and a GS 1.5 DCT in Thailand, never had the engine cut out. Makes me wonder if there's something tweaked in the ECU for UK that causes these sorts of issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone

I joined the forum today, I have owned my 1.5 MG ZS Exclusive for a month now and covered 500 miles its a great car and far more practical then my previous car a Jaguar Xe, the only problem I have found with my ZS is at least once a day it the engine cuts out on approach to a road junction it doesen't matter if the engine is cold or at its normal temperture this is with the auto stop switched off, it starts first time after cutting out, and then runs ok for the rest of the day, I was wondering if any other owners had come across the same problem with their 1.5 ZS
I have booked the car in today to be checked over thanks for your assistance

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
My mg3 is very close to doing the same thing a few times a day

Drew - streetelite.co.uk
My UK MG3 that my parents now own has also never had an issue with cutting out. It's a 15 reg, so pre-stop/start if that makes any difference. My old 6, 3 and now GS and ZS have not had any engine issues ... touch wood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts