MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my MG ZS 1.0 Auto since new 09/19. The head gasket went on it after 15 months so needed a new cylinder head, has anyone else experienced this or am i just unlucky?? Also been back 3 times in the last 3 months with the engine emissions warning light coming on. They've changed the spark plugs a couple of times and this time the fault indicates a faulty coil pack , anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had my MG ZS 1.0 Auto since new 09/19. The head gasket went on it after 15 months so needed a new cylinder head, has anyone else experienced this or am i just unlucky?? Also been back 3 times in the last 3 months with the engine emissions warning light coming on. They've changed the spark plugs a couple of times and this time the fault indicates a faulty coil pack , anyone else had this issue?
My MG Zs is 18 month old and the head gasket has blown.
The cylinder head has been replaced and a new sump fitted twice as it’s leaking oil.
So far it’s been stuck in the MG dealership’s garage for nearly 4 months!
I don’t know what to do as I’d actually like to reject the vehicle as not being fit for purpose.
In reality i think it needs a new engine to solve this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is your vehicle under finance? If so your 1st port of call is the finance company as technically they own the vehicle until it's paid off.

Rejecting a car that’s more than 6 months old becomes a nightmare, believe me I been there with an MG and it started when it was 7 months old.

Document everything as it’s a good chance it will end up with the financial ombudsmen rather than the finance company accepting a rejection, but depends who they are. What ever you do though, don’t stop any payments as that will go against you and get black marks on your credit rating in the meantime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts