MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my zr 1.4 2001, when you start it up the exhaust sounds noticeably louder, i have been told this could be a crack or hole in the exhaust but do not know, it only seems to be noticeable at low revs, i am going to be taking it to my local exhaust place but i would like to know any opinions first, but i am wondering if the back box needs replacing will the muffler that is on the exhaust be replaced or can it be taken off and put on the new one, thanks

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
jack the rear end up, take whe wheel off and have a look for anything untowards o nthe sorface of the exhaust, can you describe what the weird noise is???

car may be slightly louder on startup as everythign needs toime to heat up and ecu is injecting more fuel than it would once the engine was up to temperature

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the noise sounds like a performance exhaust, it only happens at idle until about about 2000 rpm then it goes, cus it be a hole in the exhaust, and what about replacing the once chrome muffler

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
the tailpipe is part of the backbox, if you get an official exhuast it will be identical, if you get a cheap one you'll have a plain exit, can get a tailpipe put on it but will probably be nop cheaper tha getting a proper mgr backbox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts