MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a lump under the carpet on the drivers side of my brand new ZR so I decided to investigate, lifted the carpet and found the remains of a plastic packaging thingy, removed it and had a feel around to see if anything else had been "forgoten" and discovered soggy sound insulation, under the pedals. It's running down the bulkhead somewhere I think cause the flat floor pan is not wet, just the spongy bit of the insulation that goes upwards. The water is clean so it's coming from above and not from the road. Anyone know of a common fault or where it is likely to be coming from ?

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've found where it's leaking, it's water that's going through the plastic vent that surrounds the wiper linkages, there's a panel seam that's been badly done.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's leaking from the outside in, can I just seal up the inside or will I have to do the outside as well?. I'm asking because to seal the outside I think the wing has to come off and on a brand new car I don't like the sound of that (would have to rip off the side spoiler as well)
Does a liquid sealer exist ? you let it flow into the gap and it seals it, like radweld ?

Thanks
Pete

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Either way I would advise getting it to the dealer as you will have little future comeback on warranty if they see work has been and done not by them.

Good luck

Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
spark plugs.

Major Ingram said:
Time for the bathroom sealant gun!
Hello major,44,600 miles now,and no spark plug change :_poke: .
I see you still have no offers for the spark plugs your selling :rotflmao:
never mind eh???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts