MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find this problem water in the drivers foot well it’s coming for behind the dash near the pedals any ideas thanks

·
Registered
rover_75
98 Posts
Can anyone help me find this problem water in the drivers foot well it’s coming for behind the dash near the pedals any ideas thanks
Hi
I have a few rovers not that model but I would say it’s the pipes that go from the cooling system to the heater matrix . On the mine if you take the panel off at the clutch pedal side you will see two Ali pipes if it’s the same as mine there is a joint that’s held together by a clip held in by a cross head screw I know there is just a o ring that seals this if that has broken down or perished that will be the cause

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Does the car have a sunroof? If so there are drain pipes running down both A- and C-pillars. The pipes can come loose, particularly if blocked, and discharge the outflow into the interior.

If not, then as said above, it's possibly a leaking heater matrix, dodgy door seal, loose shedder behind the door card or a failed seal around the windscreen. It's not unknown for a seal between body panels to fail and let in water, but this tends to happen on the 45/ZS more commonly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
I have a few rovers not that model but I would say it’s the pipes that go from the cooling system to the heater matrix . On the mine if you take the panel off at the clutch pedal side you will see two Ali pipes if it’s the same as mine there is a joint that’s held together by a clip held in by a cross head screw I know there is just a o ring that seals this if that has broken down or perished that will be the cause
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello thanks for the reply

but the car has been sat for a few weeks every time it rains it fills up driver-side beyond the dashboard right in the corner underneath I will take a picture tomorrow to show use and it doesn’t have a sunroof car is just a project 😊👍

·
Registered
rover_75
98 Posts
Hello thanks for the reply

but the car has been sat for a few weeks every time it rains it fills up driver-side beyond the dashboard right in the corner underneath I will take a picture tomorrow to show use and it doesn’t have a sunroof car is just a project 😊👍
I see on your car is there a space between the engine compartment and the foot wells
On the 75 there is and this space has two drains in the bottom which block up and then it fills up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the weekend I will take a few pictures and I will show you thanks 👍

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
There was a build fault on cars in 2004, the seam sealer on the inner bulkhead, up behind the dash, from left to right, was put in the wrong place, about 4 cms too low and not in the seam.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was a build fault on cars in 2004, the seam sealer on the inner bulkhead, up behind the dash, from left to right, was put in the wrong place, about 4 cms too low and not in the seam.
Yes right in the corner on the driver-side underneath the dash how would I fix this have you had the same problem

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, my ZR had the same problem. I just added some tiger seal to the joint up behind the dash
I know it’s not the best of pictures but it’s right in the corner you can see where I’ve put the silicon hasn’t made no difference so I will try that what you used thanks

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Taking the dash out and the soundproofing will make it easier to find. Not too difficult to do but time consuming

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Taking the dash out and the soundproofing will make it easier to find. Not too difficult to do but time consuming

Think I might have fix a problem just waiting for it to rain thanks people

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The owner before me try to fit this but does not work does the wires look right to you

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Someone has tried to install an MGTF interior mirror to you ZR. It can be done but I don't know the wiring.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,748 Posts
It very had to say if the wiring is correcty done or not just from that picture because I cannot see what is connected to what. I would need more pictures to know what is done. However, I see one black wire dangling without a connection and that is not how wires supposed to be done. So I assume something is not wired correctly.
However, I would need more pictures to know what is connected where, what wires go to mirror and what wires go to connectors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1 - 20 of 27 Posts