MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all - hello everybody, I'm kind of new to this forum :) I mean - I've read a lot here but wasn't registered. So now it is the time.

Back to topic - I was removing cam carrier on my ZR '04 in order to check VVC timing, also vvc mech and cam were leaking. After everything sorted and assembled I kind of hit wall with rear gears timing. With front aligned - inlet and exhaust marks are in line, rear exhaust mark is not in line with rear inlet mark. How it is even possible? It is one camshaft so theoretically with front exhaust mark aligned rear should be aligned too. Heres photo how does it look, you can clearly see that it is pointing down:

Unfortunately I do not have pic of front gears, because everything is disassembled now but trust me - they are in line, checked it like 1000 times.
The roll-pin on the front gear was loose, so I replaced it but it did not help. I will check the roll-pin for rear exhaust, but im sure it was not loose and it was holding in place.

Any ideas?

Regards

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,748 Posts
Have you looked at this thread?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did and my front looks like on this picture or even lined up better. Cause you can see that they do not line up perfectly.

I did not had time yesterday to do anything. Today I will take photos of my front timing and try to figure it out. But nothing comes to my mind why this is happening.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Looks to me like the exhaust cam is a tooth out it doesn't line up with the toothed part of the timing tool

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,748 Posts
Sometimes good to take the belt(s) off and re-fit, then hand rotate the engine a few times to let things settle. I’ve done that before. ⚙

1 - 5 of 5 Posts