MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my ZR springs and dampers, anyone interested? They will fit on Rover 25s & 200s, lowering them by 20mm and improving the handling. Apparently they will also fit on ZRs... :p

Anyone interested then PM me...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yeah but i need to know of the difference between standard zr shocks and 160 shocks, as they will be going on my VI along with some avo lowering springs

·
Registered
302 Posts
flintsigs said:
yeah but i need to know of the difference between standard zr shocks and 160 shocks, as they will be going on my VI along with some avo lowering springs

And when you find out, can you let me know. I've got a full set of ZR springs and shocks sitting in my garage and can't identify them for definite!!

Rob

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I am aware there is no difference between 105 shocks and those from the 160, however someone might like to tell me I'm wrong!?!?!?:ziplip:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
ZR Suspension

The shocks on all the ZRs are the same, it's the springs that are rated differently isn't it? (fronts only, all the back ones are the same) If you're fitting aftermarket springs it won't make any difference what ZR they came from

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
what was stated by MG ZR Blue I believe was that ALL ZR cars have the same shocks regardless of engine size or fuel type, and the rear springs are the same on all ZRs it is just the front ones which have different rates!

I don't believe she mentioned the rover equivalents

If this is what MG ZR Blue was saying, I agree, have looked into part numbers before.

In reply to starlet, do your dampers/springs have any part numbers on?

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They're off a 105 and yes they ARE the same as the shocks from a 160. If you are interested flintsigs PM me with an good offer mate :naughty:

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm dire when it comes to working on cars so I couldn't do it! :indiff: However, they should just be a direct replacement for you 25, so if you can take one off you should be able to put the other on :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
springs

Hi, have you still got the springs?
i am wanting to lower my rover 25, only 20-30mm.
will these springs work without causing damage and not lowering them too much?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
i did this with my old rover 200 and was well worth it, transfoms the car. Took 30 minutes, you need spanners and some spring clamps

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Hi, have you still got the springs?
i am wanting to lower my rover 25, only 20-30mm.
will these springs work without causing damage and not lowering them too much?

Thanks
i did this with my old rover 200 and was well worth it, transfoms the car. Took 30 minutes, you need spanners and some spring clamps
Taking the **** guys, this thread is 3 years old! lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts