MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will my premium go up if i tell the insurance company i'm putting a mg zr spoiler on my 25??

Can i not say it's a factory extra?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Yeh it could have been a factory extra.

Just wack it on, it will be r8. If they do question it, say it came on it with the car and you thought it was standard :D

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Ignore them posts above if you wish to stay within the law and have a full payout if the worst happens.

Of course...it depends how much they charge :lol:

·
Registered
rover_25
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh and how mcuh is that going to be? I'm with liverpool victoria. any1 any ideas? I kno i'd probably be best to.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
hahaha if u wanna get ure **** sued like me then dont tell em ;)

i reccomend notifying insurers of EVERY mod you have made.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well none of my body kit has cost extra to insure cos they see it as optional extras so they didnt charge me for them.
Im not complaining, just call them and find out, better to know then to invalidate your insurance!

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
the car already has a spoiler fitted so they will just view this as a change of spoiler from one to another, there won't be a increase or atleast there shouldn't be as it's a OE part :)

simon :beer:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
MG Spoiler

Definately tell them - but make sure you are specific - it is a genuine Rover dealer fit accessory, (the ZR spoiler from 2001 - 2003 the one without the rib was available right from the start of 25 sales as an extra) don't tell them it's an MG one they most likely won't like it. I had all the bits (bar the rear apron which was never availble for 25s) and alloys that it hadn't had from new insured on my 25 said they were dealer fit options and it cost £15 per year, never did get around to putting the skirts and front splitter one but was nice to know I could without any comeback or hassle at all

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
GOD said:
i am with liverpool victoria and i havent had to pay anything extra for any of my mods

yeah they don't do that anymore unfortunatly :(

i was on the phone to them the other day :(

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I have a ZR, but when I got it I they asked about being different from standard, I just told them I had the 17" Straights instead of the 16" hairpins, explained they were a dealer fit option and sorted, it's on my insurance as an extras but they said they'd be no charge. Mine is now with Churchill.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts