MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering replacing the seats in my 200 with those from a ZR - but I've just been to sit in one, and I'm not sure about all that side support, especially on long jouneys (4-8 hours isnt unusual for me) - has anyone with a ZR experienced problems with this???

It kinda strikes me that it could either be very comfortable, or very uncomfortable!....

any opinions would be appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
i owned a ZR for a year. teh side support is something which can be taken either way. personally i loved them. at first they were a bit uncomfortable as i went from a 200 to a ZR and the extra support was a bit weird, esp if wearing a big coat or something. but it didnt tak elong to get used to it and wouldnt have gone back. the extra support was actually very nice. long journeys can be a bit sore on the hips, depends on how big your love handles are.;)

i would love ZR seats in my tf thoguh!!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I've gone from a ZS to a 25 and am missing the supportive seats. The 25's leave a lot to be desired in comparison. I believe the ZR's are very similar to the ZS's in basic shape and support so would have no hesitation in fitting ZR seats to my 25.

Anthony.

·
Registered
rover_45
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so basically you both reckon they are ok?

It was the first time I'd sat in one, and it surprised me, but its one of those things thats hard to judge if unless you spend a day in them!

thanks

·
Registered
942 Posts
In my ZR as I turn round corners the seats push into my side, gives me the feeling that I am wearing the car rather than driving it, or corse the stiff ride adds to that as well. :)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I don't like 'em. Far too narrow. I'm not a fat lad, but I'm quite broad and well built and I just don't fit, so I doubt they would be very comfortable at all for somebody slightly overweight or bigger in size.
Same thing with my brother, he's a big built lad and doesn't like 'em either.
Seems like these seats are for mini sized people, skinny people or birds.
I sat in one for half an hour and my back was aching as it contorts the shape of your body.
The 200 seats are spot on, nice bit of side support and comfortable for long journeys.

·
Registered
mg_zs
2,230 Posts
u will get use to them and if ya big / build, like me then u will get used to them and they wear as all seats do they will push out. if ya sit in mine then sit inthe passenger one u will notice a difference, but all wear and tear, but wot do u expect as i am the one always in the car.

Great seats wud never go back. Really nice and comfortable.

Sie

·
Registered
201 Posts
seats

I was in my mates zr the other day and as soon as i got back in my 200 decided i needed the leather seats as the side supports grip you so you feel what the car is doing and dont throw you around as much its either that or i mite pop over the the cobra factory on the industrial estate up the road and get some monaco's.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
The SW has them as well and I don't like driving the SW for more then 2 hours tops as they tend to dig into me.

G

·
TBH I like the seats but just not my seats in my ZS. I have tried other seats in ZR and ZS in the showroom and the side supports are slightly softer but yet mine is quite hard. My right leg actually aches after a drive due to the side support and same goes to my front passenger. BTW the seats have been sat on for the last 3 years and is not getting any softer.

Happy Motoring :)

·
Registered
rover_45
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so generally most people like them...

well think I will go for it, if I dont like them, I can always sell them on again!
- thanks for the opinions

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
ZR seats for 200

If it's comfort you want don't go for the Monaco half leathers (the ones with the leather coloured bits to the sides) as fitted to the ZR160 they are way harder than the Matrix vinyl ones with the checked pattern - also try to find them from a + model so you get the driver's lumber support.

·
Registered
mg_zs
2,230 Posts
I have 160 one sin mine but i think they all come with lumber support.

werent bad for 100 quid :=p:

Sie

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Monaco v Matrix

Sorry, didn't make that clear - all 160 seats come with lumbar support. On the lesser ZRs with the matrix seats only the + models have lumbar support.

The side bolsters of the 160 type seats are hell of a lot harder than the standard ZR ones, the bit you sit on feels less padded too. The hard sides could just be down to the leather holding everything together tighter? not sure but the standard ones were definately more comfy. Imagine same goes for Streetwise seats

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
i changed from 200 seats to ZR seats and it was odd for half a day then they just grip u nicely and im just under 16 stone and 6 foot tall and i love them.

after siting inn an audi a3 tdi i now think the ZR seats can be inproved on greatly and if i had the cash i would have proper bucket seats

·
Registered
253 Posts
the zr seats do take some getting used to.at first their a tight fit but ive now got used to them and they fit me fine(great support when cornering).i woudnt advice anyone on the large side to buy any though as theres no give in the leather side supports.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
The seats in the ZR 160 are just about perfect for me, they are very like the old Tomcat turbo seats and are firm but very supportive, you feel like you are connected to the car.

The worst seats I have ever had - in any car - are the half leather perches in the 200 VI
there's no side support at all - you just sit on top of them and cling to the wheel.

Having said all that, it's obviously a personal thing - my wife's preferences are the exact opposite of mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts